Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adventure Overland Show 2014

Just finished refitting my diff, so hopefully will be there Friday night.....the mrs will have her work cut out on Friday sorting the truck out & hoovering out the sand that's still in it!!

Andy

Nah, I wanted it done properly:whistle:, mind you she would have been able to lift it into the axle one handed!!!

Be nice if we can circle the wagons in a sea of green. Have ourselves a little Cruiser ghetto. Weather not looking so bad. So far.

I am thinking of driving up from Geneva for this, is it worth it?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Personally, I'd have said no. But it all depends on your personal situation. If you have the time and money and just like doing this sort of thing then come up and mingle with us. But as for the show? I think there are probably better ones in mainland Europe than this. For me, it's £50 for the weekend, some bits and pieces to buy, see some forum buddies and drink a few beers. Plus it's only an hour away.

Wont be going to this one, but planning it into next years calendar to coincide with a trip to Overland.

Would be interested to hear a little more about whats at the show (and what goodies you buy ;-) )

Truck packed and ready will be setting off in a few minutes, see y'all there.

We are going to be there, only for the saturday though.

Last edited:
Planning on being there tomorrow for the day. Stu, don't worry I'll be leaving the discovery at home, we'll be up in the Merc. I'll have to see if it has enough ground clearance to make it into the car park! Looking forward to catching up with some forum members.

Unfortunately, didn't finish work early enough to get away...

was looking forward to meeting some of you..

I suppose Lincomb in October is the next meet??

Never mind Mussy, get yourself to Lincomb in a couple of weeks time. Setting off to Stratford in about 15 min ( just to rub it in :lol: )

Andy

Will try and find you lot on Sunday! Coming down for the day from Leeds...

The show wasn't quite as good as last year, but there were plenty of nice vehicles to admire in the show ground, camping field and car park. Plus it was good to catch up with so many people. Weather was great too. A good day out.

Agree with Scott - the show was not as good as last year. Seems that it was more spread out but had less exhibitors. Large areas where occupied by the VW and the delicia crowds. Also lots of LR's. There was a Zil comms truck from Soviet times - which I suppose you could convert to use for overlanding purposes if you could afford the 2 mpg :) and there was an armoured personnel carrier - which would probably be more useful in an inner city on a Saturday night than for overlanding :) But it was a good day out and great to meet people.

My first time and though i'm glad i went i did find it kind of strange , it seemed to me the main attraction was for visitors to look at other visitors trucks but in an odd kind of way it works , every kind of modification imaginable can be found somewhere in the car park it was hard to tell where visitor parking ended and the show trucks began but yeah it was good i picked up some bits and bobs and enjoyed the very friendly atmosphere of the place and bumped into Iwan , Chris and Chas . Believe it or not i'm staying overnight next time swambos orders :shock: . Be good if forum members were to meet up at a pub next time so we all arrived together and there would be a very definite LC Island among all the LR's .

Show wasn't that good last year and this year even worse. Not enough overlanding interests, very few stands of any interests, the only tyres I saw on display would only be suitable for a Porsche Cayenne or an Evoque. I didn't find a single thing to spend my money on. Very disappointed with the show but it was compensated by the social side of things, lots of old friends at Julian V's Overland Cruisers stand and great Saffa food provided by Andre. So not a total waste of time.

Back