Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adventure Overland Show 2014

I thought it was ok and a change from Billing/Peterbro' shows which are 99% Defender focussed. Having said that it's only 20 miles away and I've always had free tickets. Somehow I never managed to meet up with anyone other than Julian from Overland Cruisers.

The bands were particularly rubbish!

If anyone was in the beer tent last night you will have seen myself and the Surrey Offroad boys start an impromptu singsong after the jazz band stopped. Bohemian Rhapsody is always a winner :)

#wehavenoshame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a blast really. Enjoyed the weekend immensely. Saw quite a few of you and bought a few trinkets. Truck all worked great, but last night having had one or two glasses too many of grape juice, I fell out of my roof tent. I didn't bounce. Bit banged up, ankle's really hurting and I bent part of the tent too.

It'll all mend.

Oh dear Chris, that's not good, hope you recover quickly.

Now a video of that would have made you tube fast enough!

:whistle:

Yes, that is the risk of sleeping upstairs. Hope you're ok - and the toys as well.

Just got back. Not that impressed this year (last year was better and I think had more "stuff"). Managed to convince a friend to come along to try and get him interested in doing some trips in his Colarado but he left fairly uninspired.

I did see you Chris (recognised you from when you've popped up in various photos on here) just as you were getting in your truck and driving off so didn't manage to say hi unfortunately. Probably saw a few others without knowing it but did see some cruisers that I recognised.

Quite a nice day out all said though. Better than working anyway

Ian

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not good Chris!! Did you forget it was a roof tent?!

I had a blast really. Enjoyed the weekend immensely. Saw quite a few of you and bought a few trinkets. Truck all worked great, but last night having had one or two glasses too many of grape juice, I fell out of my roof tent. I didn't bounce. Bit banged up, ankle's really hurting and I bent part of the tent too.

It'll all mend.
Ouch! Hope you mend well. I see another mod coming!! Good to catch up, as always.

It'll all mend.
What we need Chris is a 12v chair lift, old fogeys and inebriates for the use of. Will you be able to drive home OK? hope it mends soon we wouldn't want you to miss Lincomb.

I had a good day the time there.. it was good to see and catch up with the people I know.. chas, shane, helen, andy lomas, chris, good to talk 70 series with stan. Always good with all.
Must admit was only interested in checking out stans hzj 79. Phew thats a machine! Had a good look mechanically design wise and it incorporates the best of many of the series's. Some very recognisable parts on it from 60 series through to 100 series. Love it even bought the tee shirt!!!
Here's a taste...
20140927_165608.jpg
What a pair.. early and new!
20140927_165620.jpg

20140927_165638.jpg
20140927_165630.jpg
The real deal new cruiser!!:thumbup:

It might be worth mentioning "worldofbumpers4x4.co.uk" i had a good chat to the fella and as far as i can gather he is just getting started making bumpers for all makes and models , made to order and a 3 week turnaround and get this he offered me a front bumper for my 90 for £340 .

It might be worth mentioning "worldofbumpers4x4.co.uk" i had a good chat to the fella and as far as i can gather he is just getting started making bumpers for all makes and models , made to order and a 3 week turnaround and get this he offered me a front bumper for my 90 for £340 .

Yep. We spoke to them too and he quoted my mate a "show offer" of £300 for the front and £300 for the rear one they had there for his Collie. I wasn't keen on the look of the one for the 80 series in their flyer/brochure but that was also about £300 from memory. He told me that they sold an 80 series display item with a scratch on it on Saturday to a guy for £250 I think he said. :clap:
Definitely worth keeping an eye on these guys

thats what i did a few years ago forgot i was sleeping 7 foot of the ground, now sleep in a tent not to far to fall out of bed

I got up in the night and just missed the ladder completely
Ankle loosening up now but still feeling crap especially after getting home then a 3 hour drive to London for a 05.00 start in the morning

Any truth in the rumour you'll be marketing an escape chute next year??
Ouch - get well soon!

Ha ha ha. That's very apt. Not just me then, clearly.

Back