Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

There was a cold snap last w/e and half a meter of snow on the summit of Sinaia.

It's warmer this w/e so it may have gone by now, I'll have a look tomorrow. I can just see it from my back garden.

The forecast is 19C tomorrow in Comarnic, that means about 10C on Sinaia summit at 2,300m.

Thank u for the invite to your area and your home will let you know early next year if it possible to get over that far to see u and stay as well

the reason for that area is old friend of mine had family from there and he never stop going on about the beautiful landscape and of course the trails

But at this time i have made no firm plans what area i will visit

this is a plan trip on my own with my mate Wayne, but if any would like to join us for the trip u would be more than welcome

Thank u for the invite to your area and your home will let you know early next year if it possible to get over that far to see u and stay as well

the reason for that area is old friend of mine had family from there and he never stop going on about the beautiful landscape and of course the trails

But at this time i have made no firm plans what area i will visit

this is a plan trip on my own with my mate Wayne, but if any would like to join us for the trip u would be more than welcome

You're welcome and so are the rest who might be interested! It would be great for me to meet up with some of the members of the club!

Autumn's kicking in now up here...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I can't see the mountain this morning, there's a big white cloud in the way!

image.jpg

Yep.

It's a village really. Driving through on the DN1 it just looks like a few shops each side of the road. The main population lives on the hillsides, both sides of the DN1.

Our house is about where the black blob is on your map. Was that from a search using Poiana Comarnic?

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Something strange happened there, now my reply is in front of your post and the black blob has disappeared. :lol:

Look to the NE to a place called Secaria, then NW of that going North. There's an off-road track right over those mountains going to Azuga and on up to Busteni. It's quite high up there with loads of side tracks to explore.

Made a mistake delete the map so re did it

you are right did use the village name for a search

My mate Wayne can see no problem with us doing another 160 miles to u, so that the 1st part sorted out

So u have at least 2 guests to put up

10-4 good buddy. Watch out for them Smokeys.
police-car-004.gif
:shhh:

too be honesty it would be nice if a few of us go and we have lots of time to save for the trip

Ok next Q is how long do we go for

Well i plan on 4 days (max) to get there (not in a rush) about 400 miles a day

say 8 days in Romania maybe more

Then easy trip back of 4 days

16 days = 2 weeks trip

Also when do we go?

This is all very exiting already, and I'm not going anywhere yet! :lol::lol:

Sort yourselves out between you and I'll fit in as necessary. I'll be looking to add a couple of days to a weekend to spend some time with you. I can't take a whole week off in one go, but it should be enough. The house will be at you're disposal guys, whether I'm with you or not.

So far, we have ratrace with Wayne, Chas and Shayne in 3 trucks, is that correct? :clap:

Just a few more Autumn pics from yesterday...

Looking down towards the valley
image.jpg

My "street" :lol:
image.jpg

The neighbour's grapevine (rotate these in your head - sorry!)
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The garden...
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The house...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Must admit forward planning has never been a strong point of mine but 2 or 3 off weeks off the map really shouldn't present a problem for me so i'm happy to just go along with whatever works for others . Not sure the boss will be happy to sleep in the truck though so i'm gonna have to give that some serious thought , roof tent is the obvious solution but i really don't want one on my truck :think:

Clive that's a very kind offer of the house but i've still gotta keep her indoors in some level of comfort while outdoors and sounds like a week on the road .

Last edited:
When we go or length of trip is not really important to me as I am retired, (Work? yeah I remember that :lol:) I'm coming up 71 (going on 21) this month, so two years on I might not even be here, who knows. Health permitting I'll be there though. :thumbup:

Happy 21st Chaz and just so you know for when your nursing a hangover Helen loves driving my truck :lol:

Thanks Shayne, I rarely suffer from hangovers but I'll bear it in mind.

Clive, would this be the route to your home? Sorry it's such a small pic, it's big on my screen.

Clive.jpg

Last edited:
Must admit forward planning has never been a strong point of mine but 2 or 3 off weeks off the map really shouldn't present a problem for me so i'm happy to just go along with whatever works for others . Not sure the boss will be happy to sleep in the truck though so i'm gonna have to give that some serious thought , roof tent is the obvious solution but i really don't want one on my truck

I use a pop-up tent it has 2 bedrooms pop down to decathlon and take a look. And they were very helpful in showing how to put it and down again

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/seconds-family-42-xl-tent-id_8245573.html

or pop into go outdoor they have some nice tents

roof tents are ok if u use them a lot of the time wild camping and they are dear

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Howling-Moon-Roof-Tent-With-Room-Enclosure-Extension-/300986990901#ht_291wt_1170

Back