Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

Hi Clive,
with no seats it has to fit OK. The lifting in and out will be the only hard part!!

And ther is NO SMILEY FOR 'HEAVY' so I just added a few random ones as instead :cry::violin::shock:

You're right, nothing close, maybe :shock: is the most appropriate, one for each disc that pops when lifting!

Thanks Yogi, let's see what I can find, starting with Karl, and take it from there.

Cheers :icon-biggrin:

John, that's amazingly generous of you, if I was doing a trip from the UK like this, I would try to avoid towing a trailer at all costs! Thank you very much for the offer, it's most kind of you!

I'm in the process of trying to source a manual gearbox and a complete front axle for my 80 here, without much luck so far. The worst case scenario would be to find them in the UK, Karl for example, and try to ship them here. I'm reluctant to ask, but would your generosity run to trailing these heavy and dirty items 2000 km plus?

I have the name and address of an international road haulage company but I haven't contacted them yet. It's difficult to organize transport to Romania, especially the added complications of arranging delivery, say from Karl, to a depot in (usually) the London area.

I'll give this some more intense thought John, before we discuss it any further. I can only thank you again for the very kind offer! :icon-biggrin: :dance:
See how you get on with yogi but if you're still in need by the time this trip happens in 2015 then it wouldn't make much difference to drag a trailer, just have to remember it's there when I'm pulling out to overtake :icon-rolleyes: It would be a trailer like the one I built for my 100 but with 80 wheel pattern this time so not an issue if there's a bit of off roading involved and a couple of axles and gearbox's etc would fit no problem. Just have to work out what I'd fill it with on the way back to make full use of it :whistle:

Summer 2015? Or Summer 2014? I'm even more confused now:lol:
There's a clue in the thread title Clive :lol:

I'll be keeping in touch with the thread with interest but not with high hopes of coming along :(

But its a long time away so who knows!!!

See how you get on with yogi but if you're still in need by the time this trip happens in 2015 then it wouldn't make much difference to drag a trailer, just have to remember it's there when I'm pulling out to overtake :icon-rolleyes: It would be a trailer like the one I built for my 100 but with 80 wheel pattern this time so not an issue if there's a bit of off roading involved and a couple of axles and gearbox's etc would fit no problem. Just have to work out what I'd fill it with on the way back to make full use of it :whistle:
Any excuse to build another trailer eh Jon :lol:

There's a clue in the thread title Clive :lol:

I'll be keeping in touch with the thread with interest but not with high hopes of coming along :(

But its a long time away so who knows!!!

Ha ha, well I did appreciate that Gav :lol: But the way the posts were developing, I started to have my doubts! Yes, it's a long way off and the plans will unfold as we go.

Thanks! :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thanks again John for the offer. As you say, I'll see how it goes with yogi and the other investigations I'm making this end for a local source. Much appreciated. :icon-biggrin:

Subscribed - date dependent but defo interested in tagging along.

Cheers

As Shayne said earlier, "Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy"

Ratrace has certainly started something here!

18 months to prepare!:lol:

OMG, I haven't got one undented panel on the whole truck!

I talked to the guys in work and they advise to make a statement at customs. It doesn't have to be detailed, just identification of a particular dent as appropriate, or in Chas' case, just that the truck is generally battered as an off-roader!

If stopped by the police, at least you have something, and otherwise you just act dumb ..... English? Sorry I don't understand, you know the patter! :lol:

One query I have was Jon's kind offer to bring a trailer. I presume that trailers are still not registered as "vehicles" in the UK, this may have changed over the last 12 years of my absence from the UK.

In Romania, the trailer has it's own registration and it's own plates. I'm told that coming here with an unregistered trailer is not a problem. That makes sense otherwise all trailers coming into Romania would have to be quarantined until registered, which knowing the system here would take a few weeks! :wtf:

Finally, for now, I've just noticed that this is a new thread in lounge, can we revert to the original thread please, in trip reports? Otherwise we'll be jumping about.

In future all my posts will be on the original trip reports thread.

Just to recap on interest so far, in no particular order, we have:

ratrace, Chas, Shayne, Jon Wildsmith (sorry for misspelling your name carelessly several times Jon :oops:), Gary Stockton and a maybe from Gav Peter & Olaz!

That's 5 and 2 maybies. WOW!

Good stuff, keep 'em commin' ! :icon-biggrin::lol:

Last edited:
Might be worth asking Crispin to merge this thread into the original as its quite good info on here too...

Clive,

I would be quite interested too, but its a long way away still. Please put me on the list of potentials.

Clive I'll be there some time 2014, either June or September!! 2015 I have a plan for a long trip east!!

Romania is on the cards for 2014 for me. Still in the planing stage.

Ratrace has certainly started something here

Its amazing how this trip has take-off so far

U are right time is flying past

Last edited:
Back