Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

'SWAMPY' MY 02 LWB 3.0 D4D GX Colorado

I've mostly spent the last week getting Fiery ready to be sold and with that all done and it being picked up on Monday for the new owner I've been pulling the dash apart on Swampy pulling out and relocating switches so I can relocate the ARB switches to a more discrete location to the left and below the steering wheel. I've also fitted my CB and the iPad holder into the new truck among other things.

IMG_7270_zps81bda2f1.jpg

IMG_7272_zps3e500251.jpg

IMG_7273_zps3c8300d9.jpg

IMG_7274_zpsc68a4d80.jpg

IMG_7276_zps293d6875.jpg

Fitted another windscreen mounted passive radio aerial to the new truck.

IMG_7282_zpscec7fe4b.jpg

Got all of the switches moved about and looms extended to allow the relocation of the ARB switches.

IMG_7294_zps03bc58e3.jpg

IMG_7296_zps368190aa.jpg

IMG_7295_zps7e516093.jpg

Fitted the BlueTooth Hands Free Mic.

IMG_7298_zpsa4a4ae03.jpg

And some extra 12volt power sockets

IMG_7286_zps4074786b.jpg

The iPad mount.

IMG_7287_zps37f6b596.jpg

IMG_7301_zps349a24d8.jpg

IMG_7288_zps9b67bfb0.jpg

IMG_7289_zpsbea446ca.jpg

Last edited:
You're being a busy boy Ste - looking good :)

So have you got a buyer for Fiery then?

So have you got a buyer for Fiery then?
I'm affraid so :icon-cry: Although we should be happy for the new owner :icon-biggrin: The person picking Fiery up for the new owner will be getting off the 11:46 train at Witham station Monday morning, money has been transfered and new boots fitted as they did not want the muds, so have fitted a brand new set of 265/75/16 BFG A/T's :drool: :drool: :icon-smile:

IMG_7302_zpsb70dcf89.jpg

IMG_7303_zps1bcfdd45.jpg

IMG_7304_zpsea6be075.jpg

IMG_7306_zps1ba2efb3.jpg

IMG_7307_zps373e6283.jpg

IMG_7308_zps372f0954.jpg

IMG_7309_zpsf0a49bb6.jpg

IMG_7311_zps93c4815a.jpg

I like where youve put that RAM mount. Did you make it yourself?

I thought of getting one, but didnt like the thing coming up from the floor.

That idea suits me though.

Does it hold the tablet steady?

Pete

Last edited:
I'm affraid so :icon-cry: Although we should be happy for the new owner :icon-biggrin: The person picking Fiery up for the new owner will be getting off the 11:46 train at Witham station Monday morning, money has been transfered and new boots fitted as they did not want the muds, so have fitted a brand new set of 265/75/16 BFG A/T's :drool: :drool: :icon-smile:
Anyone we know then?

And it kinda solves your tyre conundrum too eh?? You can fit whichever you fancy with an extra set of wheels!!! :icon-cool:

I like where youve put that RAM mount. Did you make it yourself?

I thought of getting one, but didnt like the thing coming up from the floor.

That idea suits me though.

Does it hold the tablet steady?

Pete
Hi there Paul, yes I made the bracket myself and am very pleased with it. Here's a link to the thread http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...nt-question-for-the-new-iPad3?highlight=Mount hope that this helps you. If you have any further questions please come back to me :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Anyone we know then?

And it kinda solves your tyre conundrum too eh?? You can fit whichever you fancy with an extra set of wheels!!! :icon-cool:
Yes & No :lol: It's a club member who has contacted me and I've done all of the dealings with and spent hours on the phone too, but he is buying it for/on behalf of his sister :icon-smile: So possibly hopefully a new member. I at least want to see some photos of her in her new home. The truck that is of course :shifty: :icon-biggrin: Im actually really excited about the hand over on Monday as she's a good truck and she's going to be going to a great new home with new adventures :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin: :thumbup:

And yes I now have all the tyres I could possibly want, but it still does not sort out my dilemma of 255 or 285 :? :icon-smile:

Last edited:
Nice to her the old truck is off on new adventures Steve.

Swampy is coming together and I hope your enjoying the tinkering :icon-wink:

If it makes it easier for you just sell me the 285s cheap then your sorted :lol:

You should do a poll. Me personally I'd go with the 255s ... not entirely sure how much you gain (apart from worse fuel economy) with the 285s

What's the difference in weight between 285/75/16 and 255/75/16. :think:

Are they 255/85/16 or 255/75/16 tis too hard to tell from the pics.

I thought they were 85s, as they're the ones that came off Fiery before sale? That's what I based my figures on, anyway.

Last edited:
I actually weighed them all in each combo;

255/85/16 on a alloy 34Kg and on the steel modular 38Kg

285/70/16 on a alloy 36Kg and on the steel modular 40Kg

:icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin: :icon-biggrin:

Out of interest (and apologies for thread diversion), how different did you find the D4D compared to the TD ? I appreciate they are different wheelbases of course....

Out of interest (and apologies for thread diversion), how different did you find the D4D compared to the TD ? I appreciate they are different wheelbases of course....
I've not yet had a proper chance to compare really as I only insured Swampy for the one day to get her home and she's not been insured since. The journey back from Cirencester to Essex in her was interesting though and she certainly is not lacking in power :icon-evil: The other thing to remember is that not only is the wheel base different, but Fiery is a manual and Swampy is an auto. On paper Swampy has 40bhp more than Fiery and a 0 to 60mph time 2 seconds faster :icon-biggrin: I have to say though that the turbo on Fiery has always spooled up really well and since I fitted the BFG A/T's on her she's a changed truck, so much so that I've been seriously considering changing to A/T tyres or at least keeping a second set of MUDs for play :think: They really are an awesome tyre on the road those BFG A/T's and if money were no object I'd definitely have a set of BFG MUDs as well as a set of BFG A/T's, but it would cost me £1250 to have a set of BFG A/T's on matching wheels to those that my MUDs are going to be fitted to and that's just to much money to justify :icon-cry:

Off into the sun set she goes :happy-sunny:

IMG_7411_zps9232a72d.jpg

'Bye-Bye Fiery' :greetings-wavingye:

I hope you have a lot of fun in the snow over in Switzerland :icon-smile: Send me back some photos :pray:

Onwards and upwards Steven, best way to look at it. The less stuff you have the less trouble you have, and old cars and trucks take up a vast amount of time to keep top side of everything.

Andy

And the chap that has bought Fiery on behalf of his sister is................?

TREVOR :icon-biggrin:

IMG_7410_zpsa26dca1b.jpg

I spoke to Trevor on the phone a couple of hours ago and he reported that he'd made it home without any incident :icon-smile: :thumbup:

I guess your drives looking something like this now then :icon-smile:

IMG_3193.jpg

Looking forward to photos of the truck in her new home :icon-smile: Switzerland that is, not Milton-Keynes :icon-smile:

Ah yes that old story, bought it for his sister... sure I've heard that one before.... wink wink.

Trevor, you really need to get over this addiction of yours :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Hope Fiery likes her new home :banana-skier:

Back