Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

0-60 mph guesstimate time

frank rabbets

Guru
Anyone know 0-60 mph 1995 4.2 turbo diesel one up level road. Standard car. Approximate I know.

0-60 mph in my 1995 4.2 non-turbo diesel one up level road, standard car is embarrassing.

That's all I know :oops:.

I'd be interested in proper responses to this, just to know quite how embarrassed I should be... :doh:

A few years ago I checked my 1994 80 at 18secs before having an intercooler fitted, it then went down to 16secs so not a huge improvement. This was against the satnav readings of speed and my stopwatch. Not scientifically accurate but near enough for me.

In the wet at the traffic lights, 0 to 30 is faster than a boy racer next to me trying to get in front. I know that.

In the wet at the traffic lights, 0 to 30 is faster than a boy racer next to me trying to get in front. I know that.

Not just me that likes embarrassing boy racers at the lights lol. Always gives me a chuckle.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well they would say that wouldn't they?

There's a link at the bottom of the page to the full test by Overlander magazine. The figures are theirs, not Safari's.

Remember, with a landcruiser, its not about speed.

"You can go fast but I can go anywhere"

Years ago I used to drive an '8 legger' with 4 axle drive, 16 gears plus high/low, when empty I was rarely beaten away from the lights, I was sooooo bad in those days!

regards

Dave

Thanks for the replies chaps.

And thanks Towpack for that link showing a road test of 0-100 (62 mph) in 14.95 secs. I read that with some relief. I had been driving other cars for some time and when I got the 80 out it seamed gutless. I did a rough test and it showed 0-60 mph in 15 secs so there's nothing wrong after all.

If these work!! 0 to 60 ish on 35's
If work turn the volume up lol

th_20150108_185540.mp4.jpg

th_20150108_185540.mp4.jpg

http://vid153.photobucket.com/albums/s201/gary820/Mobile Uploads/20150108_185540.mp4

http://vid153.photobucket.com/albums/s201/gary820/Mobile Uploads/20150108_185341.mp4

Last edited:
Just realised one vid is upside down lol.
Well the upside down one which is a bit longer there was a couple of bends on the private road hence backing off a bit, soon gets going again.

Thanks, other things being equal it's quicker than mine. Even 2 secs and you can sense the difference whilst the tape is running.

Thanks, other things being equal it's quicker than mine. Even 2 secs and you can sense the difference whilst the tape is running.

They do go well for the size, quite sure others with petrol would agree. You've got to resist temptation to floor it tbh! Not for speed but the sound, even more so with the stainless system as sounds great.

There's not much difference with the 33's on tbh, maybe picks up a little but quicker from standing still but very little in it.

Does look good to go that Gary but it would cost me a bloody fortune to run :lol:

Back