Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series Gullwing doors

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I am now looking for expressions of interest here for 100 and 105 Gullwing doors.

Briefly, if you haven't seen the thread in the 80 section, these are side door panels designed to be as OEM looking as I can which allow access from where the side rearmost windows are located. Fitting is generally straight forward and involves replacing the glass with the aluminium door on the original rubber (this is something I am looking into as to how the windows fit. Cost should be similar to the 80 series ones but will be confirmed later.

See the 80 threads here
https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/80-series-gullwings-rear-windows.142898/

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/80-series-rear-gullwing-doors.143392/

A Molle panel is soon to be available

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/gullwing-door-molle-panel.146684/

So, if you are interested, please pop your name down below. No absolute commitment at this stage. I will link to this from the 105 section as I believe the body sections are identical (tell me if I'm wrong here). I need to produce 5 pairs really to make development and costs reasonable.

1, GeekOKent (105)

Last edited:
I am "inbetween" vehicles right now, but in principal I`d be interested in both J7 and J10

I am "inbetween" vehicles right now, but in principal I`d be interested in both J7 and J10
Ok, thanks Peter. I hadn't thought of doing 70 series but hey, why not? I'll start a thread in the 70 section. I'll pop your name on this list then if that's ok?

1, GeekOKent (105)
2, SafariTecPeter

When You consider the J7, please consider if You will do either front or back side window or both.
Please PM me if details are to be discussed. I have an interesting project going.
Yes, You may certainly put my name down for the J10. No commitments attached

Do you have any photos of the 70 series windows you mean Peter? I have very little experience of the 70s.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi!

Yes, certainly.
I have a empty 78 body here I can measure & with some time allowed I have another one with windows in it, so that we can measure & discuss.
The forward windows are more square while on the aft window the upright aft pillar leans forward making the top shorter than the bottom. Pics will explain better :)
The 76 is all different & gullwings for this model is readily available.....
Do You want me to post pics here or pr PM?

2016-11-25 10.19.36.jpg

This is what the window on my 105 looks like. The windows do not open though.

It is all tucked away under plastic Richard.... & "abit" of a hazzle to pull apart...
Very much the same on the LC100 at least

I'm just trying to work out if the windows are bonded in or fitted on rubbers. Looks to me so far that they are bonded in which is a whole different ball game.

I think TBH I really need to see it 'in the flesh'.

They are bonded on the LC100`s I have been toying with.
The parts catalouge does not list a seal....
When looking at the TLC parts catalouge for the J10, there seems to be a pop up type listed,
The one that hinges in front & latches in the back. If anyone has got that on complete, drop me a line please

…there seems to be a pop up type listed,
The one that hinges in front & latches in the back.…
Ahh, now this has got my brain cell leaping into action and it has finally remembered that (I think) @Jon Wildsmith posted somewhere that his were like this. Any chance of some piccies Jon?

I *think* all 100's like 120's that have the third row seats have the opening hinged windows.

Once it stops raining, will go out and get some pics.

Ahh, now this has got my brain cell leaping into action and it has finally remembered that (I think) @Jon Wildsmith posted somewhere that his were like this. Any chance of some piccies Jon?

I think that was in the 80 thread. I will take some pictures when daylight comes back.

Thanks Jon. I couldn't remember where it was.

Thanks for those Jon. We are clearly looking at a totally different animal to the 80 in this area. One thing is clear though, the glass is not structural, otherwise the opener would not be allowable. It's a pity some are bonded and some are not. I may need to bond in the gullwings. Food for thought…

Back