Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 ice

Ecky Thump

Garage
I've had a look through the old threads and haven't found the answer so here goes....
My new truck is a 56 plate LC5. The touch screen sat nav is also the controller for the radio, multi CD and worse of all my heater controls.
I've tried a research on the old interweb and can't find any unit to replace the outdated head unit I have.
I want bluetooth (yes I know parrot) and I want an updated sat nav but would love to fit a modern unit completely.
So, has anyone got any ideas

Hi Ecky - ages ago I looked into this with Crispin (we wanted to retrofit the trip computer the LC3 has where you and I have a clock and temp gauge only) and while we could find a bunch of Chinese alternatives, there isn't anything (or wasn't) that did the full integration to the DVD satnav under the seat and all the heater / aircon / demister etc. controls. I struggles to find a replacement head unit for the radio, thinking I'd just pull that out and replace it with a bluetooth enabled one, but even that's a problem.

so I went with a Parrot kit, and keep the map DVDs updated, as well as use a Garmin Montana :)

Good luck!

Cheers Gary, I was starting to get that impression from what I have read so far. The updated disc and a Parrot seems a good way to go or I am also searching for a complete set up from the last of the 120s in a scrapper. I think the scrapper unit will be bloody expensive though...

Just out of interest Gary, do you know if the discs are copyable?

I've not tried, but from what I've read on places like PradoPoint they're not.

I tend to only u pdate mine if I'm going to Europe, so only every 2 - 3 years or so, so it's not such a big deal - still expensive though.

Having said that, I presume they must be, if you had the will and the right tools, but it might cost more than the €150 or so a new set costs :(

The maps/nav app on my phone plays its instructions through Bluetooth (and has done on three different setups - a Parrot mki9200, a JVC with bluetooth, and another Parrot mki9200 which is in my 80 and I used it today!) so if you can integrate a parrot or whatever then the phone would suffice for the satnav?

Cheers Johnyboy, looks like the route I will be taking.

Glad to hear you got an 80, the guy who bought mine is well happy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers Gary, I was starting to get that impression from what I have read so far. The updated disc and a Parrot seems a good way to go or I am also searching for a complete set up from the last of the 120s in a scrapper. I think the scrapper unit will be bloody expensive though...

Just out of interest Gary, do you know if the discs are copyable?

I got my replacement discs from Toyota EU last year, I think they were 120 euros or so which is punchy but better than having a unit you can't rely on. However, that was after I ordered some from what turned out to be a crook based in Birmingham. A fraction of the price but the disks didn't work and the bloke was a p**** of the highest order. So, beware. The discs are not copyable.

The disks are copyable but, IIRC, it has to be CDR+ or it won't work. There was a thread about it a few years back.

Hi, I am in the same boat with my Satnav screen, as it controls the fans etc etc,
Under it, is a Cassette player,

The disks are copyable but, IIRC, it has to be CDR+ or it won't work. There was a thread about it a few years back.

The forum member who said they could be copied had not actually tried to enter a destination! The copied disk gives you mapping information but does not allow you to set destinations. I spoke to him 18 months ago or so.

He had got his disks from the same crook I had contacted - satnavi.com - that website seems to have disappeared but you can see complaints about him if you google it.

Might be a different thread but is a word of warning.

Back