Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 rear door question...

I too am hoping to do this. Is it just the case of remove old door. Put new one on? Cheers guys

As far as I'm aware it should be a straight swap, if there was any difference - the body opening and hinge mounting points for example, it would result in extra work/expense at Toyota in 2 body shells and 2 production lines for the same vehicle ? For peace of mind make sure you get same year/model lc3, lc4.....
I strongly suspect it is only the door that is different in said appearance between the 2 models of 120 and not the body, spare wheel hung or not ?

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware it should be a straight swap, if there was any difference - the body opening and hinge mounting points for example, it would result in extra work/expense at Toyota in 2 body shells and 2 production lines for the same vehicle ?
I strongly suspect it is only the door that is different in said appearance between the 2 models of 120 and not the body, spare wheel hung or not ?
Cheers, I think this would be a better option then a fully equipped rear bar with swing away and most cost effective. I wouldve liked one to carry a spare jerry can too but as far as I'm aware it is only kaymar and acayx that do one. Kaymars are pushing £4k and not heard great things about acayx rear bars.

Thanks

WOW !! That pricing is crazy, but I suspect with a 120 not much call, so almost bespoke one off's.
There is also the rear plastic bumper to replace with steel to accommodate the bottom pivot point and modifying/strengthening the rear cargo door pillar for the top pivot point to swing away ?
These more modern vehicles don't seem to accommodate off roading/overlanding much, not like the older series that seem built for it.

WOW !! That pricing is crazy, but I suspect with a 120 not much call, so almost bespoke one off's.
There is also the rear plastic bumper to replace with steel to accommodate the bottom pivot point and modifying/strengthening the rear cargo door pillar for the top pivot point to swing away ?
These more modern vehicles don't seem to accommodate off roading/overlanding much, not like the older series that seem built for it.
Yeah they just aren't that common over here for offroad but when I was in Spain nearly every other 4x4 was a colorado or a 120. Yes I'll have another look around. Some sellers from Poland do weld your own kits but we will see.

Back