Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

12v Impact Wrench - any good?

Carnt reply on that one lorin but i had a similar 12v thing and it was shite it really was. It took longer to change one wheel with it than it did to change the other three by hand.

It was from halfords what i brought. Took it back and got a full refund as i wasnt happy at all.

karl

No personal experience but I'd avoid shite like that like the plague... Or plaque if you don't brush regularly...

You're a fit man, use the long arm, the ratchet & a socket for a workout :p

(Awaiting a flaming!!!) :p

Aha - or some backup fro Kay Dubbleyuh!!!

im currently after a decent 240v impact wrench.

ideally id like Hilti as they seem to make the best power tools available, but i might have to settle for dewalt or makita.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DeWALT-DW292- ... 1541wt_698

or i might just get a cheap one, as i think for the amount i will use it it should be ok. :think:

i would like a big compressor and an air impact wrench, but that is going to have to wait a while, so a corded one might be perfect.

obviously it wont have the portability of the 12v one you were looking at, but should do me. :thumbup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2-12V-Impac ... 3561wt_942

Lorin i would avoid that if it was me, it looks like one of those tools you get at a discount price after you buy so many litres of fuel at the petrol station. if funds allow get a decent make and it will see you good for ages.

Joe

I have an 18 volt Snap On one and its the Mutts, not cheap though :roll:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
J66P said:
I have an 18 volt Snap On one and its the Mutts, not cheap though :roll:
Same here but the OP could find similar for a lot less by looking at something along the lines of a Sealey or similar one.

I got a 18v bosch one. Great piece of kit but a lot more expensive than this one. You generally get what you for.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

do you not find with the 18v snap on ones that the batteries dont last long? :doh:

my boss has got a brand new one with the lithiumion batteries and they dont last long until they need charging. :thumbdown:

Same problem with the batteries with the bosch. Got one constantly on charge on the inverter when working on the truck.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

ben said:
do you not find with the 18v snap on ones that the batteries dont last long? :doh:

my boss has got a brand new one with the lithiumion batteries and they dont last long until they need charging. :thumbdown:
Mine doesn't seem too bad although I've never really tested them for battery longevity. Don't forget they put out a hell of a lot of torque so will sap a lot of power.

karl webster said:
Carnt reply on that one lorin but i had a similar 12v thing and it was shite it really was. It took longer to change one wheel with it than it did to change the other three by hand.
Gav Peter said:
No personal experience but I'd avoid shite like that like the plague... Or plaque if you don't brush regularly... You're a fit man, use the long arm, the ratchet & a socket for a workout :p
silvercruiser said:
Lorin i would avoid that if it was me, it looks like one of those tools you get at a discount price after you buy so many litres of fuel at the petrol station.

Well that's well and truely kyboshed (?) that idea :lol: Alright then Gav, it's back to brute force and anger :twisted:

Lorin said:
Well that's well and truely kyboshed (?) that idea :lol: Alright then Gav, it's back to brute force and anger :twisted:
You knew that was on the cards though eh??? :lol:

You already know what I think of those. Just get an extending breaker bar so it's easy to keep in the truck and also do the nuts up with a torque wrench so you know they're not over tight to begin with.

Back