Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

17 inch wheels

geo.smc

I have just bought a 120series lc5,it came with 22" wheels and 285x35x22 tyres..
First thing i need to do is get these ugly wheels off and get some decent tyres fitted.
The 22" wheels and tyres are only a few weeks old and cost the previous owner nearly 2k for them:lol::lol:.
Where is the best place to get some decent 17" wheels and what is the biggest tyre size ican fit without mods
I tryed a 16" wheel on but wont fit due to the size of the calipers.:icon-sad::icon-sad:

Welcome George

The best place will be ebay. Dont know what size you can go up to but im sure someone will come along soon.

You could always put a wanted thread for wheels on here :icon-biggrin:

Hi George,

Biggest size, I am not sure.
It's not so much the vertical height in the wheel arch, but the horizontal width that seems to restrict.
However a very common size, which almost all of us go for is from the standard 265 x 65 x R17, up a touch to, 265 x 70 x R17
Gives the diameter about a 1 inch increase.
This makes the speedo exactly "spot on"

This is the front tyre on part turn.
The MT is showing the front of the front tyre
The AT is showing the rear of the front tyre.
It will catch on the rear of the front tyre, as this is part of the mudflap.
See how little there is left.

I suppose you could carefully remove this plastic protection, and make some thing a little less obstructing if really required.

I am sure I think I read some one else with a 120 did, or was thinking of even bigger than the 265 x 70 x R17

Gra.

Attachments

• 265 70 R17 MUD tyre.jpg
    265 70 R17 MUD tyre.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 276
  • 265 70 R17 BFG AT.jpg
    265 70 R17 BFG AT.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 480
Hi there

Mickey Thomson RIMS are nice if you don't want OEM. And Silverline will be a good place to check.

285/70x17 may be the biggest without changing front UCAs because there's not a lot of room there. Unless you put in 30mm spacers or get a rim with -1 or 0 offset.

Cheers

i have found a set of 17" wheels on gumtree off an l200 mitsubishi any ideas if the will fit ok,they are six stud and they look very like the original toyota ones.
I dont have enough posts on here to post pics yet...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The bolt holes will be the same, but the center bore may be different.

I suggest asking the seller to measure the centers.

The Land Cruiser details = CB:108mm ;
PCD:6-139.7mm

So if the Misti. is 108 or bigger you will be OK.

Gra.

The bolt holes will be the same, but the center bore may be different.

I suggest asking the seller to measure the centers.

The Land Cruiser details =CB:108mm ;
PCD:6-139.7mm

So if the Misti. is 108 or bigger you will be OK.

Gra.
The mitsi is 108 as well,i found a chart that tells you all the wheel specs.

Back