Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

194 80 series 4.2td.

Sale. Someone on here has first refusal on it as promised id let them know con how it drives etc once ive got it back.

Karl so the someone has clearly jumped the queue:icon-wink:. Id stay away from petrol for the moment. My first choice is still the 24v. So the advantages of the 24 valve is it just the ability to tune the pump? What else - i would imagine it would maybe rev a bit quicker and maybe a bit more fuel efficient. Looks like all the guys who have owned more than one 80 usually end up with a 24v

Tobie

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Queue? It's first with the cash around here, eh Karl. People generally camp on the verge outside his country estate. It's the only way.

Chris

:lol: Chris.

The queue....... This is a 12v auto and as you say your looking for a 24v manual Tobie. I wanted what i have for the simple reason better on fuel and its the last 80 made.Also i want to do some trips in the future and the manual IMHO theres less to go wrong The auto 12v is great if thats what people are looking for.

I'm only pulling his leg. He knows that.

Chris

Yes I know Chris - would not go as far as labelling you as a gentleman but you are close:)

So Chris, Jon said waiting for a 24v will be worth it do you agree

Karl do you know of any 24vs coming to you in the future?

No. The car for you is a 12v. No doubt. Forget 24v, they are complicated, thirsty, underpowered and way over priced. Get yourself a nice tidy 12v auto to start with. If you see a 24v, let me know, I'll deal with it.

Chris.

Outwardly, I'd say that looked pretty good. Nice low miles to and good colour. Honestly, I would go and look at that even if it's not quite what you are after. You have seen one, told us what you thought and we have commented. Maybe if you looked at it again you might see it differently. Look at any you get the chance to. Even those in the car park outside the shops. Get to know them.

If you liked this one, and it drove well and you got for bargain price, you could flip it in a few months and get your money back! I know it's an auction, but if was straight, I'd throw £3k on the bonnet and let him speak.

Chris

Thanks Chris I will do exactly that - have sent him a message. As you say this will be a good comparison

wonder what happened to the front bumper and why there's no mention of why it's missing in the pictures and the panels are dented like it was pushed into them :shifty: Passenger side side light is missing as well and rust round the tailgate window, but it's in very good condition :doh:

Last edited:
I saw the rust below the window. Well spotted John - strange. Also interesting how a bid was placed a min after me posting the link on here

That's not to say it's not worth a look but I'd be starting off pretty suspicious with that not having been mentioned 'up front'.

Agreed Jon its a dodgy start. The guy came back and said we have to wait until snow cleared. My daughter just went out in a Fiat 500 - and my friend in his Landy drives from the Pentlands to Livingston every day - what is up with the land cruisers..........:whistle:
I asked about the bumper

Back