Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1968 FJ40 Interior Color

ron1

Country Flag
united_states
Looked at the local auto stores trying to get a close match for the gray/silver interior color, no luck. The piece I have would not scan reliably to have paint mixed.

Does anyone have information on perhaps a duplicolor spray can that would be a close match?

Or, if anyone has the interior gray/silver paint code, and the exterior tan/sand color code, I can get the paint mixed.

The paint supplier here had a book but it only went back to 1969.

I did try a code from a post on this forum for metallic gray T1434, it did not register in the paint supplier computer.

For 1967-1972, she does have stardust gray T1256, planet silver T1295 and Asteroid gray T1393, but they all appear to be darker.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info.

I did see that, but $20 for the paint and $15 shipping bit me.

If I can get a good scan of a piece I have, I can get a qt mixed for $35 locally. Otherwise will keep searching stores for standard rattle cans for something close.

Without knowing much about it your to dark comment made me think pewter might be worth investigating because its light grey or maybe silver if metallic

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This stuff is an unusual silver/grey

1614886875116.png

Thanks for the answers.

I did see the stainless gray, looks close.

Since I'm planning to paint the seat frames and backs, front bumper, rear bumperettes, side reflector housings and wheels, I think I's be better off with a quart. Figured numerous rattle cans would be very costly.

Back