Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1991 Toyota Landcruiser HDJ81 for sale (deposit now taken)

callum

Note: I've now taken a deposit for this. Thanks for all the interest. Off to a good home shortly!

Bit of a reluctant one, but needs must.

Thought I'd put it on here before it goes on the usual sites.

Note that whilst it does start and drive, this for sale spares or repairs as it will need trailered away.

Any queries, please let me know.

cheers

Callum

Japanese import 228,000km, 141,000 miles

Owned by myself for last 10 years.

Very high spec model, being an import, with alcantara interior, cruise control, electric folding mirrors, remote central locking, rear spare wheel carrier, built in fridge and ice maker. Factory winch and original winch controller.

Has had a stainless side exit exhaust (with silencer) fitted, big end bearings changed to updated version. Longfield wiper seals fitted to swivels, so they are in good condition, rear heater pipes replaced. Towbar with receiver hitch fitted at rear and 295/75r16 tyres fitted all round

Was running very nicely as it always has, but lost compression on cylinder no. 5, so sold as spares and repairs. I was holding on to it with a view to repairing, but unfortunately I’m unlikely to have the time, so it is better to go to someone else. Hopefully would make a good project for someone as it is otherwise in very good conditions and would be a shame to scrap it.

Does start and drive, but will need to be trailered away.

I’m looking for £2200 for it and photos can be found here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6G6tDKrSL3wsUbGc6

Car is located in Longniddry, 15 miles east of Edinburgh.

Any queries, please send me a message

IMG_20190724_194043 (Large).jpg IMG_20190724_194111 (Large).jpg IMG_20190724_194354 (Large).jpg IMG_20190724_200851 (Large).jpg IMG_20190724_202056 (Large).jpg IMG_20190724_200914 (Large).jpg IMG_20190724_201024 (Large).jpg IMG_20190724_201342_1 (Large).jpg IMG_20190724_201142 (Large).jpg IMG_20190724_201730 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice. Good luck with the sale.

That does not look a bad buy with all the kit with it, does it have the diff locks?. It stands well.
If there is only the one fault then there is another £1K to add to the job.
I have a good bottom half for a 12V if anyone needs it for this project.

Good luck with the sale Callum.

I would have brought it by now if it was closer

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Id have a re think Callum.. I dont want to do anyone out of a bargain. But i paid more for a lot worse when i bought my 80 And thought id got a bargain... If rust isnt an issue then your Truck is worth alot More. (Knackered Engine or not)..If you were nearer to me id give you the asking price No problem ....And a lot More.. Please Dont let it Go to the Breakers.... There will be Folk on here who disagree with me.. But just think about how you Sell it... Its worth More Mate... ... Good luck

Sweet baby jesus! I absolutely love it! Exactly the same as mine when I got it!

Bank loan.. paypal credit...:think:

Im with ya there Iwan... All the best Trucks are 400miles from me.. Nearest to me is a 24 valve with 320,000 on the clock.. A member from Scotland should snatch this up... AA route finder says 7hrs 35mins. From me to Callum....:wtf:

Looks to me it has been stood for well over a year, well that's what the DVLA says

Pity I've just bought my next project, her who should be obeyed would not be happy.....

Good luck with the sale

Thanks Callum... am doing some research now!

Quite an informative video of reassembly of the cylinder head..

Out of interest, how much was the compression down- it seems a bit odd to randomly loose compression in one cylinder but a bit late for a diagnosis I think! I happen to know here there is a recently crashed 100 series with a very good engine wink wink

Out of interest, how much was the compression down- it seems a bit odd to randomly loose compression in one cylinder but a bit late for a diagnosis I think! I happen to know here there is a recently crashed 100 series with a very good engine wink wink

Wouldn't fit, the only common part is the crankshaft.

Back