Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1993 80 - likely to be a rust bucket?

Nothing wrong with taking a look, I have seen it before, Its been On and Off ebay in the Past. It does look pretty decent, But Have a good look underneath.. They all look good on Top!... Good luck

Its hard to trust traders that openly write on their adverts their weak warranty conditions, when they know full well there are pretty strong consumer laws covering car sales.

Some m.o.t testers are complete muppets i've had warnings about rusted brake and steering lines because they needed wiping with a cloth !

Theres no evidence like the evidence provided by your own eyes .

Thanks All. I've spent some time going though the MOT histories of a whole bunch of land cruisers on sale. Corrosion seems to unite them all! I'll keep looking.

You never will know without having a look tbh, I have a 96 80 with no mention of rust at it's mot"s not saying it has not got a bit
I paid a lot less of that one than that one

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You never will know without having a look tbh, I have a 96 80 with no mention of rust at it's mot"s not saying it has not got a bit
I paid a lot less of that one than that one

The one in my avatar pic is now my DD, like yours Dave there's a bit underneath but no mention anywhere on the MOT history of rust.

Hi,

Does anyone recognise this 80? MOT history does list "rusty underneath" 2 years ago.. I'm debating whether to go and see it.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/1993-toyota-land-cruiser-4.2-td-vx-5dr/1360232736

It looks pretty clean on top!

I think its a lot of money for a 12V manual with cloth interior and manual box. The price probably reflects a generous trade in allowance. If it was really good underneath I'd say its a £5k truck tops. Nearly all 80's have diff locks, whether they work or not is another ( potentially expensive) matter, along with other electrical bobbins. When I look at a Cruiser to buy I test everything electrical.

Back