Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1994 Landcruiser radio.

Dave2000

Supporter
Country Flag
spain
Hi all as above, the radio is the only part left working of the OE double DIN stereo in my 80. Mine has the earlier 12 valve engine and of course the earlier dashboard. As I gather many have pulled their system in favour of the double DIN touch screen, I wonder if anyone has kept their old units they want to sell cheaply or even give away to this poor waif and stray? I might be able yo cobble up one decent unit by mix and marching?

Let me know and I will of course pick up postage cost.

TIA

Regards

Dave

I'm pretty sure I still have the OEM radio/tape/CD unit from my '97. Not sure If it'll be the same as earlier units or even fit. I'll try and dig it out and post a pic.

Neither of my 80's ever had a double din unit fitted....
The 93 still had the Toyota blanking plate in place in one din space and an aftermarket single din system with remote cd changer in the boot in the other
My 96 has again only a single din unit with the multi changer in the armrest cubby box and the original blanking plate in the other din slot
I think the Celica and possibly Supra of the same vintage also used the same double din unit so one of those might be an option Dave.....

@Towpack thanks for the thought, unfortunately that is different to mine, I will sort a picture which I should have done in the first place, staying town at the moment for some clinical tests so will sort later next week when back home, having said that I notice your radio has an unusual way of being installed. :)

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
@Grimbo Thanks for that, I am unsure if the double DIN and or model was a dealer option, mine is the VX, but the original owner must have requested cloth seats but with manual moving but an electric lumber support, to be honest cloth is waaay better than leather in Spain, the red 'instant tan' on the back of your legs when wearing shorts not nice. :)

Regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Dave said .....", having said that I notice your radio has an unusual way of being installed. :)"

Dave it's one of those new fangled blue toof ones..... you just leave in in your garage and it works by magic.... stops theft .

mine is the VX, but the original owner must have requested cloth seats

If your VX is a 12V manual then it will, like all other manuals been supplied as standard with cloth interiors and air con as an option, whereas the auto's had leather electric seats and air con as standard.

If your VX is a 12V manual then it will, like all other manuals been supplied as standard with cloth interiors and air con as an option, whereas the auto's had leather electric seats and air con as standard.
Thanks for the clarification Andros, yes manual but with the sunroof and AC and I never looked into it any further.

As an aside, there was a bit of a problem when I was getting the vehicle imported and registered around 12 years ago? The 80 with 8 seats is considered a minibus (in Almeria), so I had to remove one of the seat belts, this was to allow it to pass it's inspection for the 'matriculation', as then I could not carry 7 passengers. The following year (same tester) he noticed I had a sunroof, and I should not have fitted it as in Spain only new vehicles were sold with either a sun roof or AC and never both? Once inspected he agreed it was from the factory and had to alter my paperwork confirming this. To save more problems the following year I took the 80 to a testing station (Murcia) nearer to me and it failed, very seat must have a seat belt! Popped home and found the belt lying around somewhere and fitted it and got a pass. Now I live smack bang on the border to leave my house I actually cross the border line twice, once at the end of the dirt track and I reach the tarmac, if I turn left (Almeria) I have to pull up and unbolt the seat belt from one of the rearmost seats, if I turn right (Murcia) I have to leave the belt in place, go figure. Of course when I was driving I followed this rule to the letter......yeh right!

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
Got some more odds and ends done on the car in anticipation of getting my licence back, whilst inside I took a picture of my radio, this might help someone who has one they might want to give away.....oh alright flog with a sensible price allowing for how poor I am, I am also typing this with sore knees from the amount of praying I am doing. 1666459033413.jpg

Regards

Dave

Back