1998 Prado Speedo failure = possible no MOT

kdonohue Oct 15, 2017

1. kdonohue

kdonohue New Member

Map
    Hello all,

A friend of mine has reached out looking for a "plate meter circuit" for his 98 Prado. I've searched the usual places and as a discontinued part, my best bet is a used piece.

The part number I have is: 83861-60190, which is the full circuit board for the whole cluster, which on this vehicle, is this part number: 83800-60880 for the chassis number: JTB11VJ95W0033763

If I can't get the speedo working, unfortunately, my friend will have to take the car off the road. I'm open to sending this to someone reputable to repair the circuit board, a used part or even an alternative part. This one seems to be the one without the rev counter which is making it difficult to find, and I would also love if someone can provide insight into whether or not other part numbers will fix the problem

2. flint

flint Well-Known Member Supporter

Map
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  3. kdonohue

kdonohue New Member

Map
    Thanks Flint, must be an Irish thing then.

4. kdonohue

kdonohue New Member

Map
    So no takers on whether I can use a different part or swap the entire clocks out to a different unit, ie. one with a rev counter

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter