Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HZ revs vs road speed

Tomez

Country Flag
australia
Rightio guys...silly question perhaps, but I'm very curious. I have a '97 HZJ80 with a 1HZ and a five speed box. It's a povo pack so no tacho. I'd like to know the revs of the gear change points I use....eg....1st-2nd at 20kph.....2nd-3rd at 40kph...3rd-4th at 60kph and 4th-5th at 80kph and finally...what are the revs at 100kph in top? It's my first diesel and I don't really have an ear on whether I'm over-reving it or not. I think I'm erring on the safe side, but want to make sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You wont over-rev it - you'll feel the power drop off dramatically when you get past the usable rev range - its really obvious. I'll grab some road speeds when I get a mo if you're still struggling... :icon-cool:

I can do that too Tomez, but not till the weekend.

From memory 100kph is about 2,400 rpm but I should check this before you start believing anything.

Check mine today - 2200 rpm at an indicated 100kph in 5th. Hope this helps?

Check mine today - 2200 rpm at an indicated 100kph in 5th. Hope this helps?

I wonder where the difference is Dave, mines defo 2,400 for 100kph (sat nav speed) in 5th.

My tyres are about 33" (305/70/16 GG AT2s).

Are the gear boxes the same (ratios) between my 12V and your 24V?

Surely the diffs will be the same:think:

Hi Clive - mine was from the speedo rather than Sat Nav, so maybe out? Also running 305s BTW?!? But for the purposes of this thread, I guess 2200/2400 is not too relevant... basically, cruising at 100kph isn't going to be an issue for the OP.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Clive - mine was from the speedo rather than Sat Nav, so maybe out? Also running 305s BTW?!? But for the purposes of this thread, I guess 2200/2400 is not too relevant... basically, cruising at 100kph isn't going to be an issue for the OP.

True!

I was just wondering...:think:

BTW, at 100kph sat, my speedo reads 96kph (no big deal), at 60kph the speedo is spot on and at 30kph the speedo reads 33kph.

Sorry Tomez, I've drifted off topic here... :oops:

Back