Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1KZ ENGINE JUST CRUNKING

Obrian

Country Flag
zambia
Hi, I have a Prado landcruiser 1 Kz engine, it can't start it's crunking. I have bought battery but still it can t start. Any help from here

Hi, I need some help. I have a Land Cruiser Prado with 1KZ engine. It can't start, it is just crunking. I have replaced the old battery with a one but still it can't start. Where do I touch first

My land cruiser Prado 1kz-te diesel engine can't start. It is just crunking. I have replaced the old battery with a new one but it can start. It is just crunking. Any help on where I can check

Hi Obrian,

Thats not a lot to go on, more info would help, is this a 100 series or a 90 series we are talking about? And what year and KM's? What were the events leading up to 'just cranking'? Anything on the dash, warning lights that came on before 'just cranking' started, fuel amount, etc.

When did it run with no problems last?

Hi Obrian,

Thats not a lot to go on, more info would help, is this a 100 series or a 90 series we are talking about only you have posted almost the same question in the 100 thread? What year and KM's? What were the events leading up to 'just cranking'? Anything on the dash, warning lights that came on before 'just cranking' started, fuel amount, etc.

When did it run with no problems last?

Smack the starter motor with a hammer , if it makes a difference the you likely need a new one or a rebuild kit .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Contacts in the starter motor possibly?

Do you mean a clunk but not turning the engine in which case I would go with Iwan's diagnosis but if you mean it cranks but doesn't start then possibly immobiliser if it is recent enough to have one. Does it have the light in the console for it?

I'm not sure the 1KZ motor came in the 100. It's only Africa-spec 90 or 120. I'll move this thread to the 90 one and merge all the others together.

Me wonders if this is spam :think:

@Moderators please can this be merged
Hi, There is a link below each thread called Report. If you click that then it will send us a message saying that someone has, well, reported a thread and it needs to be moved :)

Good afternoon everyone. My apologies for placing the car in a wrong series. Let me try to give a detailed report on my Prado Land cruiser with 1 kz engine. Like I was trying to explain that the car can't start. The make of my Prado Land cruiser is 2001, 1kz engine. The milage is 215,000km. It has been moving all along without any problems though it had a hard start. I parked it when I came back from the supermarket in the evening. And was just ok. The next morning when I wanted to go for I started the car and the engine was running but I discovered that insurance and road tax had expired. I switched off the engine and left the car parked.instead I started using a Noah bus( different car) for a month. Meaning the Prado was parked for a month without moving. After a month, I decided to buy insurance and road tax because I wanted to go to the farm. Unfortunately when I tried to start the car, the engine couldn't run. I tried several times it couldn't start until my battery went flat. It was just clunking and couldn't turn the engine. I rushed to go and buy a brand new battery since it uses a single battery (652,12v, 80ah). But still it couldn't start but just kept clunking without turn the engine. The starter is okey. So I decided to buy 20ltrs diesel (fuel) and replaced the lift pump, but still it couldn't start when I tried. When I removed one nosal pipe going into the engine, and I noticed there was no fuel coming out even after clunking the engine. What could be the problem. Please help me. I have attached the picture of the car below

Attachments

• 15873010429299041517393763035918.jpg
    15873010429299041517393763035918.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 24
connect a bottle of diesel direct to the pump and if it starts then you know you have a minor leak somewhere in the fuel line sucking air .

Back