Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2 icnh o 3 inch lift kit lc 90 prado

Yes , unless the 3" kit your looking at comes with alternative upper control arms , adjustable panhard rods and trailing arms etc .

I dont have much time and i dont want spend a lot of money right now so 2 inch lift kit is okay
Thanks all of u guys

I was Shayne, but there was a member before me who lifted a SWB in Scandanavia to ridiculous proportions but it took a lot of engineering. It looked mint. What you really need is some of the adjustable wishbones that I think finally became available for the Hilux / Surf models. That allows you to change castor and reset the camber. They did make a spacer for the ball joint too iirc.

I fitted spacers in the top strut which gave lift and pushed the wheel forward but as Shayne said, the driveshaft angle was nuts.
Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 22.23.40.jpg

In my opinion, it really depends on what you're looking for. If you're aiming for better off-road performance without sacrificing too much comfort, I'd say go with the 3-inch kit. That's what I did with my LC 90 Prado, and I've been happy with it. Interestingly, I also installed the N80 Hilux Lift kit on my other 4x4, and it made it an unstoppable offroad machin. It comes with a new 3-way dumping adjustment system, and my ride became more comfortable.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi there,

I put my KDJ95 onto 17" modular steels with 265/65 x 17 A/T's (33") and a 2" lift. I have no scraping at all and I've flexed it pretty well on quite a few lanes.

20220722_132109.jpg

Hope this helps.

Regards
Chris

nice, ATs are more fogiving as they tend to have a narrower shoulder. I have 33" Toyo open country mt on mine (-22 offset) and get some scraping on the seam (already trimmed) at compression and full lock with OME lift.
recently managed to get hold of some SPC upper arms and cam eliminator tabs for a reasonable sum so the plan is to move the wheel forward in teh well as soon as I get around installing the arms.
after that I still may or may not add a 1.5" body lift but not sure i need it.
would love going 35s but would probably need to regear the diffs...and it drinks already enough as it is..
but sometimes I look at the 3rd gen 4runners set ups on 37s in the US and feel slightly jelous :laughing:

Back