Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2 icnh o 3 inch lift kit lc 90 prado

rimac20

Country Flag
bosnia_herzegovina
Hello guys i have a Lc 90 series from 1997 so i have a 33 inch tiers a they are scraping so i was thinking about 3 inch lift kit...is that too much or its fine
If anybody have a pic with that car and 3 inch lift kit i would love it to see if is okay or is it better to put 2 inch lift kit
My toyota is 3 door
Have nice day

Unfortunately, as odd as it may sound, lifting a 90 doesn't do much to help with scraping. Either suspension lift or body lift. When you turn the wheels there is typically very little distance between the corner of the tyre and the wheel arch. What is really needed is an adjustment that pushes the suspension down and forwards to increase that gap. Lifting doesn't change the gap very much if that makes sense.

Lots of variables come into play here , which tyre brand and the full sizing . If your running with the original wheels its going to be rubbing bad ?

IMG_20211011_213339_747.jpg
its patrol wheels and bf godrich all terain tyers it 285/75/16 or 33 inch

OK i have one running 285/75 R16 coopers on a 2" lift with no rubbing I think from memory the wheels are a -32 offset 16x8 , removed the mudflaps and trimmed behind them a little . I will see if i can get some pics for you later .

Screenshot_20220113-123712_Gallery.jpg
When im driving on obsticale an turn left or right its scraping this that i marked and want it to "fix it" with lift kit

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
First pic shows the 2" lift and the second one came from my other 90 which has a body lift and a suspension lift and conveniently for you has no wheels on it right now .

I jammed a key in so theres no mistaking the seam you have to trim and/or batter with a sledgehammer , i think it was hidden behind the plastics originally .

So bassicly i need put down the plastic and cut or hit with hammer so they wont scrape
When i got home ill upload pic and show exactly where is scraping

Most of us with big tyres attacked that seam one way or another and i remember my first time returning to trim it higher and higher a number of times .

Much trial and error tells me a negative offset wheel helps and i'm guess yours are zero offset 16x8 ? so they hit the chassis on full lock

What should i do for no scraping
I was thinking lift kit 2 or 3 inch

OK a lift will help a little but not much , you will still have to trim or flatten the seam .

I did on this one as well

IMG-20210306-WA0015.jpeg

I'm always kinda dubious when i see a 3 inch lift for the 90 series mentioned , is it from a well known brand name or is it just a stiffer 2 inch lift from China ?

Its impossible to explain but if you borrow some wheel spacers you may find they help some too .

So bassicly i need put down the plastic and cut or hit with hammer so they wont scrape
When i got home ill upload pic and show exactly where is scraping

Hammer! Sounds like what Jeremy Clarkson will do… :)

Hope you will get it sorted without major mods

I have mine disassembled atm - bought 2" Dobinsons with additional 1" strut spacers in front and 2" Dobinsons and 1.5" spacer in the rear. Will let you know.
Most of the people avoid 3" lift due to Upper Control Arm rubbing on the strut and problems with the wheel alignment afterwards

In my experience, Chris who first answered in this post was the pioneer who pushed the boundaries to see how far a 90 could realistically be lifted without spending mega bucks before running into problems and i dont think he got much more than 3 inch before doing a U-turn because it was bound to break something ?

2 inch fits nicely within the realms of of Toyota's durability and longevity and a body lift can't actually fail , so i ended up with a 2+2 = 4 inch lift .

Back