Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2003 6cylinder shuddering

tauqs77

Country Flag
united_arab_emirates
Hey guys,

I have a 2003 land cruiser and got like 240,000 Kms on it.

Of late i have noticed that while driving if i push down on the throttle, the gear changes. At this point the car starts to shudder and behave like a naked man in a blizzard, it shudders nd then after say 30 seconds it returns to normal.

This issue can be replicated everytime you try to get the car to change down a gear using the gas peddle.

I use 95 Octane on the car and have had the throttle body cleaned out 9 months ago. I used some injector cleaners with 98 octane but the problem didnt seem to go away.

The car has no mods what so ever & has been well taken care of.

please help.

This is a wild card idea but have you tried cleaning the mass airflow sensor with MAS cleaner (costs approx £10)? It is the sensor which adjusts the volume of air going into the chamber and I guess if there was a serious problem with it then it would cause shaking. It is easy to do - I recall seeing a full explanation on this site or pradopoint.com - you'll need to do a search.

I cleaned the MAS on my car the other month and found that it drove more smoothly afterwards although admittedly it was not shaking like you describe, just a fairly unresponsive throttle.

Back