Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Yes folks, no one is more surprised than I, but it's time to start rummaging through your photo albums for some offerings for the 2020 Landcruiser calendar.

I shouldn't really have to go over the terms and conditions but just for the hard of understanding I suppose I better had.
It's a Landcruiser calendar. The idea is to celebrate Landcruisers. So number one is ...

There has to be a Landcruiser in it.
No fancy shots of wheel nuts or bonnet catches, but an actual vehicle.
There needs to be only one vehicle. Sorry but we've never included group shots and we're not starting now.
No people standing around chopping onions or carrying out the rubbish.
Doors closed, not broken down at the side of the motorway.
Some form of background that puts the vehicle into context or is at least interesting.
Tesco car park in Aldershot does NOT count.
Focus. It has to be in focus. I'll say it again for some of you, IN FOCUS you muppets.
Composition. Shots look best using the rule of two thirds. Look it up.
If you have entered before, then enter again. There's no waiting list. Any good pic will be considered.
Camp set ups will not be included. It's not an awning brochure or advert for ARB
Towing things is fine as long as it's in keeping with the subject, say hauling logs in the Rockies.
Colour is best but if you're arty and can do clever stuff, then fine. A good pic is a good pic
Resolution. Don't scan in your old Poleroids. It needs to be good enough to print.

And please can we keep the thread to submitting pictures. It gets tiresome when it degenerates into a thread about the time you went to Wales as a child.

Right, queue Stu and a picture of a Disco three in a Welsh supermarket car park with the doors open. Guys seriously you've done some fantastic trips from Scotland to Africa. Dig out some decent pics and post them up. Let's make 2020 a doozie. Also we need more 150's, 200's even 100's and Collies. We know the 80 is the only true Landcruiser but there needs to be SOME balance, right?

Judging is simple. I pick the ones I like best. If there aren't enough, I simply put some of mine in there. If you've sent a good shot that hasn't been used in the past, it's worth sending it again. Some years we simply had too many.

Chris my cruiser has done some miles this year so no disco pictures sorry
20190907_124706.jpg
IMG-20190812-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20190804-WA0104.jpg
IMG-20190804-WA0107.jpg
20190803_152029.jpg
20190803_152026.jpg

Meeting all the necessary criteria there then Stu. Nice work. Thought a well placed wheely bin might have been nice though.

There we go. More like that from everyone and we'll be sorted in no time. Wait!! Is that oil I can see under your truck :laughing-rolling:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There we go. More like that from everyone and we'll be sorted in no time. Wait!! Is that oil I can see under your truck :laughing-rolling:

#NotALandrover

I seem to recall I was allowed a Hilux pic submission this year :) ?

Yes folks, no one is more surprised than I, but it's time to start rummaging through your photo albums for some offerings for the 2020 Landcruiser calendar.

I shouldn't really have to go over the terms and conditions but just for the hard of understanding I suppose I better had.
It's a Landcruiser calendar. The idea is to celebrate Landcruisers. So number one is ...

There has to be a Landcruiser in it.
No fancy shots of wheel nuts or bonnet catches, but an actual vehicle.
There needs to be only one vehicle. Sorry but we've never included group shots and we're not starting now.
No people standing around chopping onions or carrying out the rubbish.
Doors closed, not broken down at the side of the motorway.
Some form of background that puts the vehicle into context or is at least interesting.
Tesco car park in Aldershot does NOT count.
Focus. It has to be in focus. I'll say it again for some of you, IN FOCUS you muppets.
Composition. Shots look best using the rule of two thirds. Look it up.
If you have entered before, then enter again. There's no waiting list. Any good pic will be considered.
Camp set ups will not be included. It's not an awning brochure or advert for ARB
Towing things is fine as long as it's in keeping with the subject, say hauling logs in the Rockies.
Colour is best but if you're arty and can do clever stuff, then fine. A good pic is a good pic
Resolution. Don't scan in your old Poleroids. It needs to be good enough to print.

And please can we keep the thread to submitting pictures. It gets tiresome when it degenerates into a thread about the time you went to Wales as a child.

Right, queue Stu and a picture of a Disco three in a Welsh supermarket car park with the doors open. Guys seriously you've done some fantastic trips from Scotland to Africa. Dig out some decent pics and post them up. Let's make 2020 a doozie. Also we need more 150's, 200's even 100's and Collies. We know the 80 is the only true Landcruiser but there needs to be SOME balance, right?

Judging is simple. I pick the ones I like best. If there aren't enough, I simply put some of mine in there. If you've sent a good shot that hasn't been used in the past, it's worth sending it again. Some years we simply had too many.

20190609_134827.jpg

I like that Gav. It's sort of lurking in the undergrowth.

Nice pics Clive. Always good to get some Winter shots.

Guys - just a reminder in addition to re reading the conditions necessary, remember the calendar is in LANDSCAPE. So sending tall thin pics ain't going to work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back