Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

3 inch exhaust system

Hi 931hz

I fear your not likely to get many answers about products on the forum because although there's a fair number on here from other countries the majority of its members are in the UK . We have got quite a few regulars from Oz but ironically i cannot think of any that drive an 80 . Personally i don't know your motor and i don't have easy access to the variety of off the shelf parts available in Australia so the only thing i can say that might help with your search for an exhaust is that here in the UK getting a 3" exhaust is petty much a case of finding someone , anyone to make it for you , so it is unlikely any two are the same . But regardless of that i would bet my bottom dollar nobody has ever heard anybody say "i wish i hadn't fitted a 3" exhaust" . So just get the one that suits your budget . Hope that helps .

Cheers mate. Plenty of views but no comments and I guess you've just explained why. It's a shame thanks for the feed back

Loads of 80 experts on here to help you along it's the forums favourite vehicle you just haven't asked a question anyone can help with .

I'm a 90 series rebel so i couldn't even tell you where the steering wheel is on an 80 :lol:

Hello mate, I am here in Oz and a diehard 80 fan too.
I must be upfront and state that I have vested interests in another brand we offer through my business, but I can say that if you have fitted say a Denco or similar turbo kit to your 1HZ then certainly an improved exhaust system will help. Which system and type is a choice for you to make, but most will be of reasonable quality and value. I have used Taipan in the past and found there quality OK.
There are some system now being imported direct from China and have alignment issues, so just be careful of where you go.
Cheers.

Xforce here in Oz do nice 3" systems for the 80 series turbo diesel, in mild steel or stainless.....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Kyle, as Shayne above, only I don't have a clue about the UK suppliers of SAS zorsts, either!

BTW Shayne the steering wheel on an 80 is just in front of the driver, except when my mrs is in the back, then she lets me steer :lol:

Back to ss zorsts, you won't regret it, but I do advise going for a good one. As with all zorsts, one that doesn't fit is just a PITA from day one onwards.

The guy that made mine went to a lot of trouble explaining that without a turbo a 3" would actually be slightly detrimental because I needed some back pressure on a naturally aspirated engine. You do have a turbo, so subject to the dia of the turbo outlet, you may get benefit from a 3".

In any event, don't just buy the cheapest, you'll have it for the remaining lifetime of the truck, so go for a good one. You won't regret it, that's a fact IMO.

Back