Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

35'' tyres

toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
to fit 35'' tyres on an '80',is it just a suspension/body lift?

cheers

maybe 33'' tyres is the way to go then?

cheers

I've got 35's with a 2.5" suspension lift, extended bump stops and a minor bit of scrubbing.

I moved my front arms forward 20mm.

It's the rears that scrub on mine Chris, front gets close but has never touched.

Ahh but I am on -30 off set so not in quite the same place as you perhaps. Mine just pop tha flares off. Ha ha.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
the locals down here seem to put 35's on everything

do 35's on an 80 sap the performance a bit?

cheers

I notice very little difference on and off road with the 35's on, still pulls like a train.

I recently went up to 35" Mickey T's and have noticed no real difference apart from upping the reading on my speedo.
In my case, this was a bonus as was reading low before and is now spot on!

Think it has been mentioned before, 35" doesn't always mean exactly that. The Mickey's were closer to 34 1/2".
Think manual box helps a bit as well when on the road with them.

Dave.

As Chris suggested, there's a number of factors other than just the diameter, that affect clearances, height, offset, tyre width, etc.

I'm guessing a bit here, but on standard rims, within a "standard" range of tyre widths, a 2" lift would probably be sufficient.

For example, I fitted 305s (33") on 16x10" zero offset rims, without a lift on old springs, and the fronts caught on the front of the sills and both front and rear didn't have much scope on flex without catching on the arches.

So, I fitted an OME 110mm lift kit with castor correction, and all is well now.

That's all I can offer on the subject I'm afraid.

Back