Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4 inch lift

Derek

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
So ive been putting my 80 through its paces recently with a few fellow 4x4`ers (shoguns, landrovers ect).

Absolutely pissing all over them.

Nothing comes close once the diffs are locked, but with it being as long, I have felt a few bumps on the undercarriage if im not careful.

It already has a 2" iron man lift, and a 1" 1/2" body lift, but I know its limitations now.

Been looking at the pedders 4" lift, but is there any other kits out there? Most are in Australia, need someone in the uk.

Don't want to go 3" as that's only an inch bigger and probably wont be worth it, that's why im thinking 4".

Thoughts and experience please :icon-biggrin:

image_zps967ced0e.jpg

I've got 110mm (well that what it was 7 years ago when fitted) but it's not noticeably dropped. I have no body lift, but I haven't had too many times when there's been contact. You could fit bash plates just to be sure.

I had OME and I can't fault it. Castor correction is needed at 4", but I'd recommend brackets as opposed to correction bushes. They're not hard to get, or fit. One stage further would be to get replacement suspension arms.

What else to say? I haven't tried anything else so I can't say OME is better or worse than anything else. Peddars gets good reports on here, and I think they're cheaper.

Let us know what you go for and why... :thumbup: Great looking truck BTW

Last edited:
My disco has a 2" spring lift plus 2" body lift and with the big 285's mud tyres on gives it about another 1 1/2"

its all fine and dandy to say do it because it could only do great things, but watch out for those extreme tilts to the side

I hear good reports about slinky? suspension upgrades from JulianV at Overland Cruisers.

That's what I almost have on order. If you want those order now as JV is about to place order from Oz

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
for the slinkys? how high is the lift and whats all included?

Chris how about some info/ description / details on this slinky suspension please

Back