Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4 Wheel drive control lever won't budge on series 90 2002 Prado/Colorado

Gluepot

Country Flag
australia
haven't engaged the four wheel drive for about 18 months. Any advice appreciated.

If the set up is the same as UK models, did you mean the high / low ratio lever ? If so, did you have the main gear selector in neutral ?

To follow on from Flint your truck is permanent four wheel drive , so the lever your talking about is the transfer box high low gearing which also locks the centre diff , hence the gearbox needs to be in neutral and the truck at a standstill .

It shouldn't be used on roads or hard ground when all 4 wheels have good grip .

If the set up is the same as UK models, did you mean the high / low ratio lever ? If so, did you have the main gear selector in neutral ?

Tried everything I could but the high/low gear selector stick is seized and won't budge at all. It sits in H normally. This is a manual Prado fyi

To follow on from Flint your truck is permanent four wheel drive , so the lever your talking about is the transfer box high low gearing which also locks the centre diff , hence the gearbox needs to be in neutral and the truck at a standstill .

It shouldn't be used on roads or hard ground when all 4 wheels have good grip .

Changing the oil in the transfer box is the only thing i can think to suggest

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for your replies guys. The shifting procedure in the manual for shifting from H to HL states, "This can be done at any vehicle speed", the problem is that the stick won't move at all, I'm guessing it's due to lack of use. I've tried it when the vehicle is moving and stationary. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

it has been mentioned before on here but only once that i recall and new oil , driving in circles , and lots of wiggling on the lever freed it if i remember correctly .

Back