Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

403,000 mile LC 80, 1997 and it's Blue :)

I wanted it just because of the miles on it. Another lad i know is the highest bidder though.

I like the seller's quote:

"...would love to take jeep a trip around the world and would if i had the cash because that's what these 4x4 are made for after all like they say in australia a land rover will take you in to the bush but a toyota will bring you back!!"

Hit the nail on the head, somewhat! :lol:

I made him a bid and told him I had the funds ready but no reply from him.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm 100% sure they bid the truck up that's why it didnt sell

I'd be 100% sure your right Karl!! I was watching it out of curiosity and was surprised by the amount of bidding.

Within hour it was up to 3k. I made them a no messing offer. I go with the redies and take it.

Hope you did a history check first Karl ?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/vehiclecheck

I guess you would as a matter of course but something about the ad reminds of a Polish guy that my mrs works with who asked her to sell his car on her ebay . Turned out he posted most of the bids and when i checked the car was a cat C write off !

Last edited:
reminds of a Polish guy that my mrs works with who asked her to sell his car on her ebay . Turned out he posted most of the bids and when i checked the car was a cat C write off !

I'm sure you pointed out the error of his ways Shayne. :icon-wink: :icon-wink:

Ok you are going to have to explain this one to me!

Why would anyone waste good money on a truck with 400k on it when there are so many others on the market?

At 400k everything is going to goosed.

I've had high mileage cars like that before and EVERYTHING is worn out! wiper motors, fans! switches etc.

At that mileage it will be riddled with non toyota parts, the chassis is probably fatigued etc. etc. personally I would suggest you think long and hard before parting with your hard earned cash.

Hi Andrew.
Are you saying you would rather buy a car with 80k on it that has dragged 3.5tonne around uphill and down dale balls out than buy one with 400k on it that has sat on a motorway at 60mph for all its life..... :think:

I think the common ground between both questions is how long did it take to rack up 400k , its unavoidable that rubber has a lifespan and any vehicle bought at the end of that lifespan is going to need a fair amount of tinkering . Thankfully Toyota must use good rubber judging by the age of many of the trucks on here .

Thing is Shayne. If we were taking about a mark 2 fiesta I'd totally agree. We're talking about the 80 series though.
Don't get me wrong. A lot are under the same thoughts as Andrew that's why there are some very good high milage cars around that sell fairly cheap.

I agree Karl thats why i said Toyota uses good rubber , a cruiser is renowned for its ability to run past a million miles and many at 20 years old need little more than the ordinary maintenance and replacement of consumables that any car of any age needs . 400K would make me run a mile from just about any other brand but not a cruiser .

I agree Karl thats why i said Toyota uses good rubber , a cruiser is renowned for its ability to run past a million miles and many at 20 years old need little more than the ordinary maintenance and replacement of consumables that any car of any age needs . 400K would make me run a mile from just about any other brand but not a cruiser .

For me milage doesn't matter at all. If it runs and drives sweet there's no issue in my mind. I have had, seen driven so many trucks a lot of the higher milage ones have been far better.

I'm the same as long as the colours right so look after that black one :lol:

Back