Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

408,000 miles

Dark Dude

Does anyone else think that 408,000miles on the clock and a £6,500 (no vat) asking price for a LC100 4.2 TD GX is all a bit too much? How many times can a engine go round the clock before meeting it's maker in the great scrapyard in the sky?:icon-evil:

John

Clocks go up to a million, so it hasn't been round the clock once yet :icon-wink:

What year is it? If its a later model then I would say its cheap, possible a bit on the high side for a 98. Mileage is irrelevant on heavy duty LCs IMO, it all depends on how tired the vehicle is.

I'd say that's very steep for the mileage. These things are tough and well built, but not indestructible as we'd like to believe - things wear. But if it's been maintained properly, oils changed, filters changed, bearings, bushes etc done, then it could be worth a punt at a lower price?

Far too much.
I have spoken to the owner and sent a few emails.
he has sent me more pictures.
I am close to buying it.
We just need to get a fair price together.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
For me to part with that much dosh, I'd have to be presented with a full service history that was stamped in 24 carot gold and I don't see a rabbit chewing on no gold carrot......

John

Last edited:
I think this car was on ebay at the end of last year. I think the old owner had this and a burgundy lc they where both spares or repairs with running faults looked like a haualge company so i would say the have had a hard life even if they have good service history

Back