Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4x4 Show 16th Feb?

Went along with the better half.

Sorry didnt have a word Chris thought I'd bump into you later on.
Should have rang you Gary as I wouldn't know who to look out for. Next time!

Yeah, where the heck did you vanish to Karl? And what were you buying at WC4x4. eh?

Walked round four times mate and saw a few I knew.
Was just looking around to see if anything could tempt me. It didnt though lol. Wanted to have a look for shower systems mainly. I didn't think it would be that type of show but thought it was worth a look.

Someone was selling the Kampa system like mine and also saw a heat exchanger but it was a bit bulky.

We had a look at the one the same as yours. Told holly how good it was. Really going to go down the heat exchanger route though. Was looking for ideas.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Me too. Got it sorted on paper just not moved on it yet.

Only saw Karl and Holly, don't know where the rest of you were hiding :lol: I saw the Sense of Adventure stand but thought it was just another LR stand. It was busy so walked on by without spotting those bash plates. Couldn't hang about too long as I had other things to get done later on.

Well we were there before it opened and saw loads of people but never caught a glimpse of you. I am in touch with Will from SOA as I know he is expanding and trying to shift some stock to clear his mezzanine floor. He also has steering guards which he's going to send details of.

I am also having one of his fridge slides which I am going to modify. The show special price on those was £120. I know I can (and have) make my own for pennies, but modifying his will actually be easier than modifying or making a new one of mine. He does make very nice stuff. It would be good to get him more interested in the Yota market, but having tried on his behalf in the past I haven't got very far. All the imported stuff is ridiculously expensive and here he is in the UK making stuff which no one seemed to want. I bought a set of his drawers, new for the same money I paid second hand for African Outback ones. He's very obliging too. I asked him about the fridge slide and he said he'd do a mod for me, re finish it and post it to me all for the show price on the day!!!

From memory I think he does a centre cubby box thing for the 80.

I'll let you know what he says about availability on the bash plates. Honestly , it was fitted in practically seconds. There are no service holes in it but it's so light you'd take it off each time. The bolt points are open slots so you leave the front bolts in, loose and slide the plate out. Makes it very easy.

Just in case you missed them on the build thread, they look like this.
Guard profile.jpg

Looks good Chris. I've had a look on his web site before, not too long ago and if I remember rightly every time I chose the Toyota option for a section it displayed a blank page!

Jon, you are right. He is one of those chaps who is more busy working in his business than working on his business. His work is first class but he is like one or two other 'friends of the forum' who need to understand that they could be so much more successful if they answered their e mails a little more regularly or their phones when they rang.

Price for these is £285 delivered. Will has said that this is a forum price and not the usual retail. If anyone is interested I'll give you the secret forum pass code.

If you look at comparing this to something like an ASFIR plate for a Colorado, it's clearly a good price. It's just whether people want to pay that in the first place. I was there, it was there, I had the money, I said, wrap it, I'll be back later. Job done. I looked at the very fancy one that WC 4x4 had at the Overlander show. They couldn't even tell me how much they were. Makes it hard to buy something when there is no price. I buy stull if I like it and there is a price on it that I am happy with. That is sort of the point of retail, isn't it?

I could make one of these in steel by cutting plates and seam welding them, then I'd have it coated. Unlike some, I don't have a lovely big workshop with all the gear so it would be a truly homespun jobbie and it would be heavy

Show price didn't include P&P so it was slighlty less. I figured that it was less than the cost of a weekend, steel, gas and powder coating. Plus even at 8mm it weighs nowt. Do I need one? Errr, I don't know actually.

Also picked up a 10mm rope for £100. Wasn't going to put plasma on the new vehicle but again, looking at the weight saving, it made sense over steel. At this rate my truck is going to weigh lass fully kitted out than it did when I got it. Do you not think so?

Yeah will catch you another time Karl, didn't think to give you a call! I called Chris as had some cable for him then got on with shopping.
Didn't get everything I had on the list but got some other stuff.
Had a good chat with Alan from total off road, he's been wanting to do a follow up to my old trooper for a while but dates always seem to have clashed, watch this space though as plans being made for the 80.

Back