Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4x4 trailer

Rob Voerman

hi there,

can someone point me in the right direction to find a off-road camping trailer,

i am thinking of only adding the front and rear bars, a roofrack and the rest on the trailer.

i see one cannot edit?

here's some more

i am thinking of only adding the front and rear bars, a roof rack on the cruiser and the rest on the trailer.
http://www.infantatrailers.co.za/pages/ ... llery.html

b2.JPG

Not a lot of off-road trailers available in the UK, and what is available it very overpriced. South Africa has some good kit, but Australia are way ahead in terms of tough, well-equipped, off-road camper trailers.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
TobyJug said:
Voerman, are you a Dutchman by any chance?

South African born Dutchman.... yes

why you ask?

Fridayman...

i had a trailer in SA and used it only on 4 x trips (2400km per trip) and had no problems with it, its used to get to the camp site and holds almost everything the wife and kids need, that always left the Cruiser ready to be used
just had a look at the Aussie sites and they seem to be happy with the Chinese made trailers, i will be going to China end of feb and will perhaps go see these guys?

Yep Graham, thats an awesome setup... just the cost are hectic, 20k fob cape town??

but all in all seems like they not as popular here in Europe :( , should have kept mine

Rob,

These guys were selling their truck and trailer. Try them; may sell trailer separately :?:

See Here

thanks Olazz

heard about this family, Jay was the guys name... he was i Cape Town for a while before they did a trip, rolled their first car in Namibia

Problem is that's a home built trailer and registered in SA but I would like a newish one and kit it out here.

I haven't actually looked at Chinese made trailers, or at least I didn't know that they were Chinese made. Interesting.

I have also thought about converting a Sankey trailer myself. If done right, it would last a very long time and it would be to the spec that I want.

Where are you based?

I hope to have a play with my sankey along those lines too :cool:

I am based in between Nantes and La Rochelle

so lunchtime I been to the 4x4 guys down the road and they also do not see them new or know of any being imported but say that more and more are using them?

As I import a fair amount from China and SA i am going investigate and perhaps bring in a few (have mailed the SA guys to check if some is not importing them yet).

Will also first go see what the Aussies see in the Chinese ones as they are not that expensive

Ha! dragging this old thread up again :) Hey Rob, did you ever get any further with the 4x4 camping trailer hunt? I have been searching round tinternet, but still no real (ok not stupidly expensive) ones available in europe :(
I think one would be perfect for us, what with the pack to haul around, space is limited!

So did I. They were nice people and the trailer was good but they only seemed to rent. Not sell.

What we need is some money bags to import a container from China, full of hard floor camping trailers, put them through the EU conformity, and then I would buy one! Some really good deals to be had, dealing direct.

I searched high and low for overland trailers available in the UK and did find a few companies that make em but all just stick a roof tent on top which is not what i want . If they does float your boat there is a European supplier of the Chaser Trailers like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt9Jsb2Hu7g

What we need is some money bags to import a container from China, full of hard floor camping trailers, put them through the EU conformity, and then I would buy one! Some really good deals to be had, dealing direct.

Over here in Oz the Chinese trailers don't always get good reviews. They are getting better but it is sometimes obvious that they saw another trailer and tried to copy it, without always understanding why the original is designed the way it is, using the materials that it does. So when they copy it, they see "opportunities" to save money and produce inferior products. My brother has a high end Chinese camper trailer and it's reasonably well put together, but recently all the straps on the tent and tent cover started disintegrating (the trailer is about 18 months old). Fortunately the local importer is backing the product and they have replaced all the straps on the trailer foc.

Back