Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

5G, Smart meters and the 'Internet of Things'

A US doctor speaks about wireless radiation in general.

Is the concern that 5g uses a Freq spectrum that may harm people? Or is the concern that with 5g so many devices come online that the density will cause issues.

There was a similar scare over people living close to overhead pylon cables some years ago. Such properties values were affected and were blighted but I don't know if anything was proved.

I'm no medical expert but I think diabetes can be avoided by eating less and getting more exercise.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm no medical expert but I think diabetes can be avoided by eating less and getting more exercise.

Unfortunately have some local knowledge on this one. You can lessen your risk of type 2 with lifestyle choices. But it can be genetic. And type 1 is an immune issue. Type 2 is the common one though.

Is the concern that 5g uses a Freq spectrum that may harm people? Or is the concern that with 5g so many devices come online that the density will cause issues.
I’m not sure KB, but being a far higher frequency it has difficulty getting into and out of buildings so there will need to be more cell towers. I guess what is being said is that electromagnetic radiation has health side effects so more electromagnetic radiation will cause more side effects. Would devices need to be higher powered to be able to communicate with the cell towers from inside a home? Maybe. In which case, those devices inside a home could give more side effects due to the increased power.

I think diabetes is given as an example here as (she says) it is given to lab rats by exposing them to radio signals. How much? She doesn’t say. A microwave oven uses electromagnetic radiation to cook food. Typically this is 600w for say 5 minutes. Phones are usually 1/4w so far less powerful by a factor of 2400 so would 2400 x 5 minutes give the same effect as on the food? 12000 minutes or 200 hrs exposure? There’s then proximity to take into account, a Smart phone being probably the worst for proximity.

I’m not sure KB, but being a far higher frequency it has difficulty getting into and out of buildings so there will need to be more cell towers. I guess what is being said is that electromagnetic radiation has health side effects so more electromagnetic radiation will cause more side effects. Would devices need to be higher powered to be able to communicate with the cell towers from inside a home? Maybe. In which case, those devices inside a home could give more side effects due to the increased power.

I think diabetes is given as an example here as (she says) it is given to lab rats by exposing them to radio signals. How much? She doesn’t say. A microwave oven uses electromagnetic radiation to cook food. Typically this is 600w for say 5 minutes. Phones are usually 1/4w so far less powerful by a factor of 2400 so would 2400 x 5 minutes give the same effect as on the food? 12000 minutes or 200 hrs exposure? There’s then proximity to take into account, a Smart phone being probably the worst for proximity.

I agree with the ‘proximity’ issue of concern.

I’m always afraid for my wife when she spends anything between 1 and 2 hours on her mobile chatting to her mother or whoever, gently frying what’s in reach of her phone pressed to her ear. I use a mobile phone, but my calls are usually less than one minute and on occasions when it’s longer, I use the speaker facility and have the device about a meter away from me. I don’t know the physics or the biology, but I’ve read articles and watched videos bringing such concern to our attention, and that’s my contribution to my own safety, whether its effective or not.

I use Bluetooth headphones for about 2 hours a week in shorter periods, and I still smoke cigarettes ...

Interesting official questioning footage about the health aspect of 5g

A bit more content in 5G
There seem to be some strong knowledgeable voices on this now. Sure as eggs is eggs, some study will be commissioned to say it’s safe or just sweep it under the carpet, keep it quiet like the power line proximity issues that Frank mentioned.

Back