Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

60 project all advice welcome

Seamus

Hi to all you cruiser folk,

Just got myself a 60 after giving up on trying to get my brother (TonyToyota) to part with his blue 40. Anyhow I have a few questions to ask the collective.

I have been trying to buy a pair of rear wheel arch repair panels from a German company called Wuestentauglich but they don't seem to understand that they need to send me an eBay invoice so I can pay does anybody know where I can buy these at a similar price?

when I got the cruiser it was advertised as a 5 speed but I can only get 4 is there a common problem that could cause this or was I just lied to, the gear layout with reverse being to the driver and back (right hand drive UK car) shows it as a 5 according to the manual or do the four speed have that layout as well?

at some point I would like to lift it a 3" or so and would like to maintain a softish ride and have good articulation. What are the thoughts out there some say OMU others say they give a hard ride and iron man is better plus until I have saved the money for suspension is it possible to lift on shackles using the original springs.

I look forward to any advise thanks and to those who came on Bens leave do it looks like I made my mine up between a 60 or 80.

mike.

Good & bad news

Likewise, Get my no. off Tony give me a ring.

Andy

Good news the problem getting the arch repair panels is sorted it appears I'm a Luddite anyway sorted now and hopefully will be in the post this week,

More good news I have spoken to the previous owner and it is definitely a 5 speed Bad news can only get 4 gears it just will not go into fifth seems to drive ok as a 4 speed no crunching or grinding,

anyone come across this one?????

Also thought I would have had some replies about the question on suspension come on guys their must be a wealth of knowledge out there and every cruiser saved has to be a good thing!!!!!

Mike O. :violin:

Hi Seamus it's good to see you have got the repair panels on the way hoop you can get help with the box good like tonytoyota .:clap:

Back