chadr

Garage
Country Flag
england
This came up on my feed today...

[video]
[/video]

What can I say....err..."unreal"?

yeah, that thing would of cost an absolute fortune..

I love some of the Aussie stretched 79 and 200's but that's not the ultimate unless ultimate means longest with appalling ramp over angle...
The current Shaun Whale 200 series build is interesting and would be my style of lottery win Cruiser with an Opus trailer if I need to take the wife with me .

The way it's going with these extravagant have everything rigs it will soon be cheaper to buy some bush land & build a cabin & still have enough to buy a basic 4x4 to get there.What next , An inflatable Jacuzzi ? Answers on the back of a very large cheque.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think a lot of these you tube programmes and articles have lost the plot. The goal is not carry the largest amount of stuff you can, that also weighs a couple of tons and adds incredible complexity and costs a bomb.
the goal , or my goal, is to have as simple a set up as possible that allows me to travel long distances, off grid sometimes, in comfort and safety.
I want something that is reliable that I can fix , or have someone in some distant garage somewhere, fix without fuss.

Years ago I bought the land & built a cabin....being in the wild was and is my goal.For me a 4x4 was for work but as a means to get off into the mountains further than I could walk in a day.These rigs are trying to recreate a hotel or home experience.We lived out of a converted Transit van for 6 + months & it was fine , no problem.packing up took 20 minutes & going into any big European city for a visit was easy.It was a discrete looking rig that we could leave parked up for the day without attracting the wrong attention.

Back