Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

75 series ute loose pin to transfer case

Adamr

Hi all! Am new! I have a drama with my 75 series cruiser ute! It is stuck low 4x4! I have followed all links to transfer case! Where last pin goes into TC there is about 10mm play up and down! When pin is down there is free play in stick from low to high 4x4 with stick! I got underneath and can lift pin up to engage gear! It is very difficult to move back over to high 4x4 to disengage low range! Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's my first cruiser and I love it and if can learn by DIY would be great! Cheers ,, Adam ..

Hi all! Am new! I have a drama with my 75 series cruiser ute! It is stuck low 4x4! I have followed all links to transfer case! Where last pin goes into TC there is about 10mm play up and down! When pin is down there is free play in stick from low to high 4x4 with stick! I got underneath and can lift pin up to engage gear! It is very difficult to move back over to high 4x4 to disengage low range! Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's my first cruiser and I love it and if can learn by DIY would be great! Cheers ,, Adam ..

I would start by spraying the linkages with WD40 or some other type of rust dissolver. I have seen a few 75 series get stuck in low ,all through lack of use.
If its bad pull the linkages apart and clean it up.

Once working again,engage low at least once a month and keep them oiled.

Back