Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series - 1995 4.2 TD 24v GS - looks in good nick

A few porkies "The Aircon belt is currently disconnected for no other reason of economy !" and "The fuel economy is excellent for a vehicle of this size and weight regularly achieving almost 30 mpg on a run."

but does look pretty good.

Shame its a manual or i'd of had a closer look at that

If you're trying to find an auto 24v you could be waiting awhile ...

Indeed, i looked at importing one but they're crazy money before
you even start to pay import duty and shipping etc

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you're trying to find an auto 24v you could be waiting awhile ...

Really Grant? there are a few 24V auto 80's about, and in my opinion the best option by far. The one I came to Lincomb is a great drive and returns 25 mpg all the time. As you know I have a GS similar to the one above and occasionally have got 27+mpg but never 30. I occasionally go out in the GS but the stick/pedal arrangement looses its novelty after a few miles.
How are you anyway Grant? hows the Cruiser with the intercooler?

Andy

I might have a wander up to look tomorrow and can report back. Its only 40 miles away.

Andy

Really Grant? there are a few 24V auto 80's about, and in my opinion the best option by far. The one I came to Lincomb is a great drive and returns 25 mpg all the time. As you know I have a GS similar to the one above and occasionally have got 27+mpg but never 30. I occasionally go out in the GS but the stick/pedal arrangement looses its novelty after a few miles.
How are you anyway Grant? hows the Cruiser with the intercooler?

Andy

It was my impression anyway Andy. I think based mostly based on Chris' searching.

I'm doing pretty well - loving the intercooler ... but no idea what affect it's had on economy yet. Just doing loads of jobs currently getting ready for a trip to Barcelona for xmas :) How about yourself?

A few porkies "The Aircon belt is currently disconnected for no other reason of economy !" and "The fuel economy is excellent for a vehicle of this size and weight regularly achieving almost 30 mpg on a run."
How do you know those are porkies?

You should go and grab that one Andy and save another beast from the clutches of Dr Evil. Looks tidy. Nearly 30 on a run isn't a porkie unless I am a fibber too. I got a shade under 29mpg on my first outing to Scotland. However, taking the belt off? For economy? Misinformed maybe, or possibly hiding the fact that the idler bearing has gone. Or the pump's solid. Or there's no gas. Or it leaks. Or ..

Agree re aircon - simple answer when you pop by to see it - "lets put it back on to just check it works, okay?" should yield the truth.

Looks tidy (but don't like the cloth interior). Wonder what this one will go for - £5-6k?

It was my impression anyway Andy. I think based mostly based on Chris' searching.

I'm doing pretty well - loving the intercooler ... but no idea what affect it's had on economy yet. Just doing loads of jobs currently getting ready for a trip to Barcelona for xmas :) How about yourself?

Hi Grant, I'm fine thanks, not done much Cruisering over the past few weeks as all the trucks go for MOT's between September and December so weekends have been devoted to test preps, last one goes on monday so thats it for another 8 months. Both Chevy's are back on the road for the winter and the Cruisers are wrapped away till spring:icon-lol:.
Good luck with your trip, hope it all goes well.

Andy

Just had a message back from the seller regarding a viewing this afternoon. Not possible to be viewed as he is away all weekend so it looks like a no view. Asked for a contact no, didn't get one so I don't know what to read into that.

Andy

How do you know those are porkies?

It was more the A/C comment ... who ever disconnects their air con to save on economy? The MPG .. I guess almost 30 could be 26-29 from a salesman .. so probably not a porkie. It's just been a very long time since I've seen that and had the 30mpg mark ringing in my head as alarm bells.

To be fair I have heard the aircon disconnected story in various circles several times. It does generally improve economy on old-school technology, these days you just switch it off!!! Very much a proceed-with caution thing though.

Just had a message back from the seller regarding a viewing this afternoon. Not possible to be viewed as he is away all weekend so it looks like a no view. Asked for a contact no, didn't get one so I don't know what to read into that.

Andy

Sorry but that just tells me he is an ass. There are 52 weekends every year, so he just 'happens' to advertise his LC on an auction site, with a time limit, when he is going to be away........
How 'convenient'.

And you can't actually speak to him except by email?

But he expects you to merrily pony up 5/6k without looking, not because you 'trusted' him, but because he was 'too busy' to let you see it???

What a tool.

Sorry rant over, but I think you know what I'm getting at.

Back