Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series - 1996/7 on "P", 4.2TD 24v VX - looks immaculate

Does look nice. I know these people they are dealers working out of a house. They do quite a few Cruisers. They're pretty straight actually. They know 80's sell so haggling was pointless. In the end I passed up a 24v some years ago but on reflection it would have been a really good buy. But I didn't know 80's then.

If I win the Lotto, I might buy it. Look nice sprayed in blue.

I just knew Chris would be the first to respond, just getting too predictable :laughing-rolling:

Andy

I know the guy.
Wouldnt believe what he paid for it . Let's just say similar money to a 12v engine.

Where are these dealers getting these, auctions?

Looks very nice, think 12k is a little rich though. Do you think it will sell for that much?

Contacts with dealers to underwrite their part exchanges, private ads, auctions etc.

Seems a bit pricey.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It makes no sense to me why anyone would pay that.

My 1991 HDJ81 manual with FF front and rear lockers cost me about 3K. It has about the same mileage.

By the time I had dropped 9k on it mechanically it would be twice the truck that will ever be today. All right that's not allowing for all the labour costs for someone afraid to pick up a spanner, but still.

I looked at dearer trucks, and came to the conclusion that when you were going to do a mechanical restoration it made more sense to buy a cheaper one with the only thing being to avoid a rot box.

This was in an auction and a bargin but did want work doing.

No that it matters really but as I have said before.A lot of the factory nice cruisers have had some work to get them as good as they are.

There's a dent in the alloy cover on the rear bumper and did you see how grubby the carpets look?

I wouldn't want it ... :icon-rolleyes:

In fairness, for that price I would at least expect new tyres.....

Its just a little too tarted up for my liking.

I know what you mean Clive. To borrow a phrase from another post, my truck has a certain 'patina' :laughing-rolling:

Back