Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series 4.2td, manual in white

I have just put a bid on it.

Gra.

Nice looking thing Gra. Another rare manual though. Hmm.

Looks good with the black accessories. I'd be tempted to re paint the wheel arch eyebrows though. It takes some the 'whiteness' off. Look at Robs, with the grey / charcoal or whatever.

Best of luck with it!

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I will run it on bio that my brother makes for his two diesel Ssangyongs.

My 120 will then probably go to her for her to use.

Gra.

Looks neat. No pics of the tail gate, drivers seat squab or any underside shots which always worry me. People can be very artful when it comes to avoiding nasties. But at the money this one is going for it looks good :dance:

Looks like a lot of re-spray work, the front drivers wing looks a different colour and the black waist trim has been sprayed over. Good looking car otherwise.

I noted a bottle of what might be ATF strategically placed in the driver's door pocket. Power steering leaks? (Like mine does) :doh:

Also in that same pic, there's something odd about the passenger door pillar. Nothing sinister maybe, but green overspray on a white otherwise Snow White car? :think:

Sorry to be picky Gra, but worth a look.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice looking thing Gra.
Looks good with the black accessories. I'd be tempted to re paint the wheel arch eyebrows though. It takes some the 'whiteness' off. Look at Robs, with the grey / charcoal or whatever.

Best of luck with it!

Chris
I think the all white can be toned down well with a light grey.

What is it worth any one?

How much should I bid up to on it?

Gra.

You going to bid on a truck without going to view it Graham? Madness in my view.

Is it a forum member or a known truck? It looks like an ok Cruiser and the seller seems honest and open. An opinion on its condition can only be validated after a good inspection and even then its subjective as its the inspectors opinion. It has things on its side, colour, model, bit of provenance, mileage, tyres, work done etc, against it is a lot of interest,maybe even from forum members who are keeping quiet and watching how things unfold. Theres one thing for sure, it wont be like new underneath after 16 winters.
In my opinion it will make £5900 at a guess.

Andy

looks nice but looks like a front end repair, bonnet gaps look massive no side moulding fitted to the front wings white looks of to the back and also the steering wheel will fail a mot seeing as a 97 was fitted with airbags.

It would pass the MOT test if the warning light did not come on. Has anyone actually been to see this truck? if not I don't see how anyone can make a categorical judgement on it.
Anyone apart from Graham keen on it?

Andy

I'm not interested in buying but I mailed the seller who said he still has the airbag steering wheel, I suppose he swaps it for the MOT which has 12 months left he said.

I am just half hearted now, she wants a Jeep Wrangler, hard top, and has wanted one for the past couple of years.
OH, and has to be red or maroon !!

Today she passed her 4th and final part of her driving licence-----------with a clean 100%

So, I am not sure to put in another bid, might just start looking back at Wranglers.
But anyway, even they are on the back burner for now, until she gets some NCD for her insurance.

Gra.

Im not sure if i should buy a Prado, or a 80 again :) . I think i am going to bid on this white one... May the highest bidder win

the wheel would be a mot fail read the new mot laws that have just come in

the wheel would be a mot fail read the new mot laws that have just come in

See earlier post;

I mailed the seller who said he still has the airbag steering wheel, I suppose he swaps it for the MOT

Back