Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series 4.2td, something odd?

Says manual in the ad.Went to see a 24V auto at CVM very similar spec, Leather, UK spec clocks Tailgate fogs etc. I have 2 import 24V 80's and they are so different from each other. Mph clocks are a straight swap, all the trim is a straight swap, tailgate too. It may well have come as it is or some previous owner may have changed it tp near UK spec, who knows? still looks cheap enough for a pretty near UK spec car but needs a closer examination to be sure.

Andy

Looks like a UK car to me, JDM ones rarely come with the back seats & they dont retro fit either.

For what it's worth, I recon I can see the manual shift gear lever and the boot of the littlun hidin' away there!

If it was an import then it would have the small wing mirror,

Unless like me take it off fill the hole & get the wing blown over, hate those mirrors.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well after closer examination I would say it's deffo a UK car. All the imports I have seen do not have EGR valves, also sliding rear windows are present and like has been said they dont have rearmost seats. The rear door outer trims also have "limited" on them and on that car they don't seem to. I think its the owners description may be a bit wayward. I will ring the guy tomorrow and get to the bottom of this, it looks so UK spec though!!

Andy

Interesting bit of forensics that it has a Turbo decal on one side and not on the other. We've discussed this I know, but anyone looking at it needs every hint that they can get.

Chris

I've seen that seller on ebay before with something not quite right, just can't remember exactly what though but the name is familiar.

To me, these are the best type of forum threads,

The "detectice Cluso" sort of thread.

Where the ownere for what ever reason, hasn't quite got the description right.

Then the super sleuths here have an almost competition to see who can find the real DNA,

I like these threads.

Gra.

he has a trooppy for sale as well looks nice m reg notax or mot ???

Back