Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series Draw Build

willthompson

Thought i would share my draw setup i have been building through out lockdown been a bit of tedious task trying to get hold of certain things and alot of trial and error but i am very happy with the final result.
The frame is made out of Bosch strut profiling with heavy duty slides and birch ply draws with just normal ply wood top and fronts finished with raptor paint to give it a tough finish. My boot allready had buffalo board mounted in there so i pulled it all out and put some t nuts in there so the draws could easily be removed.
20200516_120055.jpg
20200516_134832.jpg
20200516_144247.jpg
20200516_204625.jpg
20200516_211234.jpg
20200517_091548.jpg
20200606_133429.jpg
20200618_191124.jpg
20200625_173839.jpg
20200625_173852.jpg
20200630_185742.jpg
20200701_190952.jpg
20200701_190917.jpg

Hi Will, this looks great, do you have a shopping list of the parts you used? I would love to something similar for my 60? cheers Jon

Great job there...:thumbup:

Nice satisfying work. Make my own build a few years back and now couldnt see life without it. Enjoy

Will, great job. I have been thinking about a similar profile to build something myself. I have seen a version that uses moveable angle joints so you can make any shape not just right angles. Could you post a link to your supplier if possible? I'd like to look at what they have.

Lovely dovetails joints. Did you cut them yourself? Difficult do do without splitting the ply.

Great job :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

As someone who has an untidy plastic crate strapped to the floor i can only admire this sort of build.How easy is it to remove?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great looking job, love the Dovetails as well, I can only dream!!!
I am not a big fan of those corner pieces used them my self and stripped a couple before getting the corner really tight!!

Hi Will, this looks great, do you have a shopping list of the parts you used? I would love to something similar for my 60? cheers Jon
Cheers yes i can give you a rough idea of what you need but you obviously may need them bigger or smaller or shallower etc.
I worked it all out on paper, got my brother to put it through CAD to make sure all my measurements where correct and ordered it all cut to length.

Will, great job. I have been thinking about a similar profile to build something myself. I have seen a version that uses moveable angle joints so you can make any shape not just right angles. Could you post a link to your supplier if possible? I'd like to look at what they have.
Thanks, I used a company called Partonfabrication in birmingham, they can have it pre cut for you. The actual profling is cheap its all the fittings that cost the most, i remeber seeing what your on about im sure they sell it.

Lovely dovetails joints. Did you cut them yourself? Difficult do do without splitting the ply.

Great job :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Haha no i found someone online who does them to what ever size you need, there an amazing finish they are done with a laser cutter. Some of my joiner friends had said they wouldnt be able to get anywhere near a finish like that.

As someone who has an untidy plastic crate strapped to the floor i can only admire this sort of build.How easy is it to remove?

8 bolts holding it down, going into t-nuts in the buffalo board, So its very easy to remove.

Great looking job, love the Dovetails as well, I can only dream!!!
I am not a big fan of those corner pieces used them my self and stripped a couple before getting the corner really tight!!

Yep those 3 way cube connectors are a nightmare

Thanks Will. Cutting it's not a problem. We have two industrial bandsaws. I shall look them up. It's that articulated joint that is critical for me.

" 8 bolts holding it down, going into t-nuts in the buffalo board, So its very easy to remove. "
yep sorry too busy drooling over the photos to read the text.

Nice job.
Currently re fitting mine and changing it around, my joints are nowhere near that neat.

Back