Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series gullwings rear windows

Thanks Karl but I'm now with a fabricators I should have gone to first (ain't hindsight great [emoji4][emoji23][emoji24]) and they don't use jigs if they can help it and are doing this sort of thing all the time. They're going to weld up the first batch then the design will change and the next ones will look the same but will go together much easier.

You live and learn.

All good then mate.

Yep, if we all had one of those crystal balls life/ business would be so much better lol.

It will be. No pain no gain…or something like. [emoji4]

All frames and doors with the fabricators to be welded up when he gets back from holiday next Monday. [emoji4]

Frames now welded [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

And pretty good they've turned out too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453716684.206722.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453716706.200959.jpg

Doors to have brackets welded on this week and then off to the painters. [emoji4][emoji4]

Things is movin'. [emoji3]

Last edited:
Ooh ooh! I'm getting so exited I think I'm gonna wet myself.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think for those that need new rubbers, now could be a good time to order them from Amayama. I think we concluded it would be simpler and less likely to attract tax and import duty if they were ordered on an individual basis.

I'll sort out when the paint can be applied then I'll probably need to ask everyone to send payment. It's looking that close now. [emoji4][emoji33][emoji4]

Have you got a part number for the rubbers Rich?

It's somewhere back in the thread Chas, I'll have a look. It's the same both sides if I recall.

Thanks Rob. Good to hear. Hope your ship comes in. [emoji6]

Yes Karl, the guy who welded them up said the jig was fine, it just needed an extra support here and there so it worked out OK for this batch in the end. [emoji4]

For anyone else wanting new rubbers for the sliding windows, I got a quote from Simon Holton today, £46.45 and with 7% discount £43.20 for one side only, double that if you need two.

56882.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Back