Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series gullwings rear windows

:doh: Started wondering how I'd get them to fit....

Might consider these, are the frames in good shape? I suppose I'd need a new rubber seal, to switch from sliders to fixed (never seen a fixed rear window up close).

Sliding to fixed Clive would need new rubbers and new louvre mouldings.

I forgot to mention, all the doors now come with the option of a second gas strut as I have arranged for twin mountings. This is to accommodate a carrier on the door similar to the Yoda Tec ones as an optional extra. [emoji4]

Me too I think.
confused-28.gif

Ok Paul, thank you. My intention is to offer a kit for the door carrier complete with the carrier, strut and fixings.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The incompetence of Parcel Force is beyond belief

26th ordered a redelivery for 29th
29th they put it on "parcelwatch"
1/3 it was sorted at the national hub
2/3 went to international hub
3/3 exported from UK back to sender

Amayama said if I want it resent I'll have to pay for redelivery, so I've told them if they want to charge me for Parcel Forces incompetence they can shove the order where the sun don't shine and refund me in full, losing a customer in the process. Their call.

The incompetence of Parcel Farce is beyond belief

26th ordered a redelivery for 29th
29th they put it on "parcelwatch"
1/3 it was sorted at the national hub
2/3 went to international hub
3/3 exported from UK back to sender

Amayama said if I want it resent I'll have to pay for redelivery, so I've told them if they want to charge me for Parcel Forces incompetence they can shove the order where the sun don't shine and refund me in full, losing a customer in the process. Their call.

Fixed that for you...

They really are something special...

Completely ridiculous beyond belief!!

In fairness it seems (to me anyway) that Amayama did everything they needed to, short of putting your phone number on the front with instructions to ring it And giving you a tracking number, failing that, giving you a tracking number at your first request.

Parcel Farce on the other hand were just totally incompetent, not making an attempt to find your address or at least leave it at a local post office. To then say it's on parcel watch and scan three times without picking it up clearly indicates parcel watch is not fit for purpose.

IMO 20% Amayama and 80% Parcel Farce. In truth the failure should be rectified by PF, it's their cock up on so many levels. I think I would personally have a go at them, except they'll charge for you to do that on a premium rate number.

Last edited:
Try this number
Parcel Force - Head Office01908 687000

Thats a milton keynes number, if it's where I think it is their head office is about 5 minutes from where I live lol

I had some rear light clusters come from Amayama on Parcel Force a few weeks ago with no problem at all,apart from having to collect them from the local depot to pay the duty. I also have a big package from South Africa turn up in 5 working days by Parcel Force, the tracking system worked perfectly and came duty free.

I never have understood how somethings manage to get here without it and some don't

Update time again Gullwing fans. [emoji4]

Chas took a trundle down to see me today and I got his doors all up together and looking nice. Took out his sliding rear windows with very little drama. At this point it all started to go pear shaped. The rubbers he had from Simon Holton were for sliding Windows (suffix 60050 not 60030), then it decided to start raining on us just as I took out my rear window to do a trial fit with my rubbers. Then I find the frame and fixed hinge section has been welded together about 2 or 3mm too low so the whole door sits too low and fouls the lower bodywork under the window.

So, we have learned the following:-

If you've ordered rubbers from Simon Holton, check they are 60030 NOT 60050.

Something (else) went wrong in the fabrication of the frames.

I'm glad I haven't sent any out yet.

I have a cunning plan!!

Sorry (again) folks, I cannot send them out wrong. Now I know they aren't right, I will make them right which may involve dropping a piece of 3mm square rod into the lower part of the rubber to lift the frame up before fitting the rubber to the frame which should be easily doable.

We will win…if it kills me!! [emoji4]

Proof that I was there, this is what my 80 looks like with gullwings and borrowed window rubbers from SG's 80 and what mine will look like soon. :pray:
It may look like a good fit but he's a perfectionist is our Rich.

102.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good, some of the best gullwings I've seen

I've said it before ....dem's mighty fine. OK it's been a rocky road, but they look that absolute Mutts. How much would a non opening set cost? :lol:

Thanks guys. They are getting close and disappointed (understatement of the week for all I'm sure) though I am, I do have a plan, just very limited on time at the moment.

Sorry guys I'd rather you curse me for them being delayed than for not fitting as that's a nightmare for all.

As this is the first sliding window 80 that's had them fitted to, it was a good exercise to see what fitted (or was likely to fit ) and what would be different.

There are subtle differences in the plastic vent moulding, between the window version and the non window. In reality there will be very slight variations in panel gap at a couple of points due to the plastic having different dimensions. We are only talking 2 or 3mm here on a couple of areas otherwise the fit will be as per my non-sliding windowed 80.

Back