Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series gullwings rear windows

They look brill Rich, the curvature really makes them look the part.

You must be (eventually) really proud of them :thumbup:

Getting there Clive, getting there [emoji4]

Thanks.

Read thru all the pages. Fantastic work put in.
I'll put up a pic I took of a Nissan Patrol in Bolivia (from Aussie) that had pop up rear windows but then had full interior 'cupboard' (all make in alu.)

I'd be interested to see pics of the interior of the pop-up windows could get some inspiration for the inside of mine.

Thanks Thelal. Be interested to see that myself. [emoji4]

I've heard about this "power of facebook" thing, lets see if it works...

Pumphouse Pete‎
to
Amayama Trading

Disgusting customer service from the UAE branch, very poor communication, not supplying local tracking info, ignoring emails for over two weeks meant the delivery was returned to sender by the courrier company, I was told I'd have to pay for redelivery charges, when I question this disgusting state of affairs i was refunded and my account deleted, this is the very definition of corporate narcissism, shop elsewhere to avoid the worst customer service on the planet.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bad customer service is one thing - going to the extent of deleting your account is just a little crazy. If only their parts weren't so cheap ....

[emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

It just gets worse…

Words fail me.

They're pretty slick, the response had me questioning weather I had made a mistake myself, but after checking email history it is clear they ignored emails which could have solved the issue had they replied in a timely manor, if they continue in this vein after my retort I will post all the dates and emails to prove their mistake and link it on their FB page.

Been working on the gullwings today, minor mod to correct the welding jig error [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35] can't understand what happened but it has gone well so far. I'll be back on them tomorrow to complete the mod and continue building them up. Trial fitting over the weekend and the first of them should be going out early next week.

Thanks for your patience guys. [emoji4]

Good stuff Rich, please delay sending mine until after Easter as I'll be away doing the C2C laning trip, not that they would deliver over easter but I'd rather be near the phone during the whole delivery window in case of snags! Hermes tracked seem to have good navigators, they've found us twice this week without prompting!) :dance:

Will do Pete and yes I will be using Hermes as I have so far had 100% success with them.

Any update on the Amayama/ Parcel Farce fiasco?

Hermes are appalling as a courier, constantly fail to get stuff to me. DPD are much better imho

It's odd how some people have trouble with Hermes and others don't, I've always been pleased with Hermes both receiving and sending. So far no problems at all. Do you live in a difficult area Mark?

Will do Pete and yes I will be using Hermes as I have so far had 100% success with them.

Any update on the Amayama/ Parcel Farce fiasco?

They refuse to accept any fault, won't give me a contact to take it higher, accuse me of trying to damage their business and stopped replying to FB comments, I've just checked and they have deleted the comments off their FB page. It's like dealing with a delinquent teenager, I've run out of ideas.

It's odd how some people have trouble with Hermes and others don't, I've always been pleased with Hermes both receiving and sending. So far no problems at all. Do you live in a difficult area Mark?

It is a bit rural but other couriers manage fine. Hermes claim there is no access to the property. Strange how livestock lorries get the the farm up the lane and other couriers manage fine. It seems most Hermes drivers are agency and just don't bother trying

My deliveries from Hermes are always the same man. The courier I always have trouble with (like leaving parcels on the doorstep) is Yodel, they just won't wait to ring or knock at the door. I've been informed they are only paid about 35p a delivery so obviously they don't want to waste time.

I sent Umar a bonnet protector via myhermes and it arrived in 2 halves . Yodel kept some bucket seats i ordered for about a month and kept me and the seller in the dark about location until i started searching for their warehouses and phoning each one . Eventually i was informed "yes they are here but the box is too large for one man to deliver" an hours drive and i carried both boxes at the same time to my truck because i didn't have a 5 year old to do it for me an provide an example as to how perfectly useless they are as a delivery company .

This just depresses me. Hindsight being the wonderful thing it is Pete, maybe paying Amayama for re delivering them and then trying to claim it back from PF might have worked out better. Difficult knowing the best course of action in these circumstances. I suppose it boils down to dealing with different cultures half way round the planet and expecting them to behave reasonably towards us with the same level of customer service.

Currently waiting for a delivery of parts I need to have today..................unfortunately they are being delivered by Hermes and surprise surprise no sign of them so far :(

Back