Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series gullwings rear windows

Another update, I have begun assembling the doors. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3] however I have hit a wee snag or two.

1. The hinges I've ordered three or more weeks ago, have not turned up.
2. The catches foul the inner frame BUT are deep enough to latch at this point so I intend fitting some plastic blocks where they bear down on the frame to form a decent- hopefully be non squeaking point for them to catch against. (I'll put a picture up). This will possibly involve a cut out in the back cubby panel under the door dependent on the design.

Neither are major problems and I should have some more together this weekend. [emoji4]

What's the crack with Amayama? order went in 29/1, sent an inquiry about it 19/2 not even had an email response, are they usually this bad?

Errm, Pete, do you really need the rubbers, as you are down as having fixed Windows?
I'm guessing you're just going to replace anyway as (IIRC) you've got painted Windows and rubbers?

I put in enquiry a few weeks back for an order and havent heard anything back

Try another Enquiry is all I can suggest. I have not had a problem with them but I think some enquiries may get missed for some reason. Worth another go otherwise it's Simon Holton. Don't know how much Chas had to pay but he got them quickly from Simon.

I sent 3 emails, and filled in the web request, don't know which worked but I got an email with a parcel force tracking number this morning, web tells me they can't find the address, so I ring a premium rate number, where the only option is re-delivery and no human to speak to - I guess they won't be able to find the address on Monday either.

I really hate trial by parcel force, please don't use them aswel Rich, I need a coffee and a sit down now :lol:

Don't worry Pete, I won't use them. However named properties have always been difficult to find if you don't know the area (which of course they should do).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Don't know how much Chas had to pay but he got them quickly from Simon.

Give or take a few pence it was £103 for the pair.
EDIT
Just checked it was £103.68 all included.

Last edited:
My Toyota dealer was quoting £50.72 plus VAT so looks like a 20% saving from Simon. Will be interesting to see what Pete's cost ends up being all in.

Last edited:
Errm, Pete, do you really need the rubbers, as you are down as having fixed Windows?
I'm guessing you're just going to replace anyway as (IIRC) you've got painted Windows and rubbers?

Yes I'm not keen on painted rubbers, by the time they're cleaned up I expect them to be a bit shabby. I've had a word with Ed & Trevor about getting the window areas and plastic vented bit resprayed to the original black, I'm still short of a bit of window trim that looks like it's held on by missing clips (line of 4 elongated holes below the gullwing window)

paid £79.54 for the rubbers, and £2.60 in call charges to book a useless redelivery so far...

£2.60… that's outrageous!!! [emoji33][emoji33]

Usually they get in touch first and get the money out of you before delivery which is then predictable (if they can find your house of course). I think I would be asking for the £2.60 back as it wasn't your fault they couldn't find your house. [emoji35][emoji35]

Last edited:
Ok, so the supplier sent what hinges they had and…

They're wrong!!! [emoji35][emoji35] they're curved and the studs on them are too long. Snookered again for another weekend!! [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20][emoji35] so I've told them I don't want them and gone back to my original supplier on my knees to try and get some for next weekend.

So sorry guys. So near but yet so far.

Ok, so the supplier sent what hinges they had and…

They're wrong!!! [emoji35][emoji35] they're curved and the studs on them are too long. Snookered again for another weekend!! [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20][emoji35] so I've told them I don't want them and gone back to my original supplier on my knees to try and get some for next weekend.

So sorry guys. So near but yet so far.

Oh bugger!

Parcel Force... Because life's too short for customers :eusa-naughty:

Your parcel is waiting to be returned to sender because of address problems. Our tracking shows that the parcel is still in the UK so I've contacted our International distribution centre and requested that your parcel is placed on 'Parcelwatch'
'Parcelwatch' means that when it is next scanned, a flag will be raised on the system for it to be returned to the delivery depot. This process has a good success rate but we're unable to guarantee this.

I just realised when checking the tracking page, I ordered a redelivery on Friday 26th for Today, they returned it to sender Today 29th, then put it on "Parcelwatch" when they processed my complaint from friday later today... unbelievable really.:icon-rolleyes:

Have you seen this parcel, ring parcelwatch anonymously for a reward :laughing-rolling:

Last edited:
Could be worse, it could be with Yodel or Hermes

I just ordered a jack from someone who used DPD.
Youre delivery will be with you friday (at work) arranged to be delivered to a local shop to collect it on way home.
Friday.. your parcel can not be delivered to the shop, we will try your home between 12 and 1, would you like to rearrange?
Call neighbour, he's in. Orgaise for parcel to be delivered next door between 12 and 1.
No one was in (photo of my front door attached) please rearrange delivery. Get home, organise to collect from depot after work saturday.
Saturday finish work, go to depot.... its in birmingham would you like to rearrange collection for monday?

Got it this morning, everything arranged and confirmed just they didnt pass anything on to the driver.

…or the driver didn't fully understand English…!?

I think his name was Amrit, sounds local to me.

Ok, time for another wee update.

Correct hinges ordered, 3-4 days delivery, here for the weekend as long as Amrit isn't delivering them. [emoji4]

If anyone is interested my tinted back windows will be looking for a new home.
031.JPG
Oh sorry wrong car.
DSCN3700.JPG

Back