Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series Manual Diesel Wanted

James Lampard

Hi, I am looking for a 80 series manual diesel, must be a genuine well maintained vehicle with service history old mots etc, ideally lowish miles, one owner etc etc !!!!!!!!!!! if anyone has or knows of one for sale please contact me on 07770 585333
Cheers Jim

Low miles, one owner, FTSH, all old MOT's, genuine car?

Could you give us a colour choice so we can narrow the search down a bit?

Andy. ( Oh and welcome Jim)

Welcome Jim

Lol, I think what Andy is actually saying you're very unlikely to get an 80 manual diesel with all that! Just get out and look at a few and do some research on what to look for.

I know !!! It is asking a bit much but I am happy to wait -Annoyingly a friends dad has a r reg vx manual diesel in blue in perfect condition as they have only used it as a family car never even towed with it ! And he has had it from new ..... My only problem is he won't sell it !!!!!!!! He doesn't think there is anything out there that could replace it - he is probably right so I have given up on that one !!!
Guess that has raised the bar a little !!!!
Jim

Shoot him. It's perfectly acceptable. The courts will understand.

Where does he live, roughly?

Chris

Shoot him. It's perfectly acceptable. The courts will understand.

Where does he live, roughly?

Chris

For the love of all things safe, don't give Chris the address!! :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Considered it !!!!!

It is probably the only way !
I think he enjoys being stopped by people and seeing how much they will offer him , which happens quite a lot apparently - it is virtually mint and doesn't even have a tow bar
I have offered him a fair bit but he wasn't interested

In fact I tried him again tonight just incase he had changed his mind and I think I had better leave it now or I will be the one getting shot !!!!!!!!!

Heard a story just yesterday about a family trying to get thier old man to part with his beloved LC because of his age and the age of his truck which garages have been telling him for years needs replaced . He drove a brand new LC from the garage to the end of the road , turned around , drove back and got in his own truck . He drove away leaving his son and daughter to get a taxi home .

Dunno about you but i wanted to clap and cheer for him when i heard the story .

Last edited:
Actually I did NOT leave them to get a taxi, I actually gave them bus fare. :text-imsorry:

I should have made them WALK

Its a GS model. Bare bones edition. Cost £10k less than a VX in 96 so it looks ligit to me. I may be wrong but it looks pretty much the spec of my GS.
I think it could be a great car for someone if they could do without the VX adornments and could live with the brown dash/trim.

Andy

Well it says 96 on the plate and gs on the rear so I'm with you Andy. 89000miles ???
He should really put up more pics of interior and engine

Neither has my 80. Just over 70k and it's mint. (cough)

Chris

Thanks for the tip off !!!Looks great - even further than most of them that seem to be in Scotland -!!!!! looking into re registration and poss import tax

Back