Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series original wheels?

stCky

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hello all,

The 80 I bought came with some pretty "meh" looking after market wheels, I'm now trying to find information about the wheels pictured below.

355087028.jpg

I was just wondering some basic information, such as what "name" the community refers to these wheels as, so I can then figure out their weight/dimensions in order to quote shipping a set I've found down the line. I'm under the impression that similar wheels also came out on the Toyota Surf but in a smaller size possibly?

Any information on these wheels would be greatly appreciated, thank you all :)

Last edited:
Thanks warrenpfo, I should mention at this point I've found a set in my own country but am trying to find infomation to help me figure out freight costs, I'll make my original post a bit clearer :icon-rolleyes:

EDIT:

My second look at your link I noticed they are 15 inch wheels, somehow I got in my head that the OME wheels were 16x8 and the Surfs came out with the 15's, more research time! Thanks again.

Last edited:
Unless its an 89-92 models the OEM wheels are 16's.

Thanks yogi, it's a 1990 model, does that mean 16" won't fit properly?

I have now found that there are indeed 15x7 wheels that came out on the Surfs, as per this auction link

Confirming yogi's post, it looks like my truck did come with 15 inch wheels originally but I cannot figure out the offset here, will I be safe running 16x8 wheels? This is the first time changing a cars wheels for me so still understanding some basic things.

16x8 are fine. My cruiser is a 1991 and came with hideous 16x8 after market rims which I replaced with a set of OEM wheels from a breakers for about £30 a corner (without tyres). They were in good shape except for a couple scrapes so I reckoned they were cheap at that.

Not sure what the offset is, but if you stick with genuine LC80 wheels from any year they will fit fine.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Awesome yogi, just like my situation and what I want to do then, excellent to hear :) Thanks a lot!

Yep, the only problem is trying to fit 15" wheels to the '93-on models, as the brake calipers are too big for proper clearance ...

Going backwards, fitting 16" onto the earlier models is no problem.

Never seen that style of wheels on a LC before, pretty smart.

regards

Dave

Look like the wheels that came on Hiluxs/Surfs around the mid to late 90's to me.

Yep, the only problem is trying to fit 15" wheels to the '93-on models, as the brake calipers are too big for proper clearance ...

Going backwards, fitting 16" onto the earlier models is no problem.

Wicked, thanks Clive, good to know I have the option for 15s and 16s :)

Never seen that style of wheels on a LC before, pretty smart.

regards

Dave

Hey Dave, I was under the impression they did come on some LCs stock, but regardless I think they look pretty sweet, especially in black. Check out the image below and let me know what you think :)

lc_black_wheels.jpg

Look like the wheels that came on Hiluxs/Surfs around the mid to late 90's to me.

The 15" definitely did come out on the Surfs, still trying to find where the 16"s originally came from.

My brother has a Surf with the 15" rims, I do like them a lot :D

Yep that's them no doubt, thanks Shayne, reading the specifications now!

Nice pics, never seen the wheels before and then two come along at the same time, like bloody London buses!

Nice history attachment Shane although I wonder what the author was thinking when he wrote
'it came with RIGID coil springs', [unquote] :icon-biggrin:

regards

Dave

Back