3, Tom Burnet
4, Rob, RobfromYork
5, Stuart C Thomson
6, DandyLandy
7, Trev
8. Jonesysi
9, Sub-ac
10, Felix (2566)

Update, supplier for CNC punching of main door parts contacted.

Couldnt remember what I'd asked for, all the trimmings please

I’ll save them up in a bucket and include them Nick. :lol: Found the smileys now, thanks.

1, Nick, fbnss GMR x2
2, Steve, steverjuk
3, Tom Burnet
4, Rob, RobfromYork
5, Stuart C Thomson
6, DandyLandy
7, Trev GM x2 (already have rubbers)
8. Jonesysi
9, Sub-ac
10, Felix (2566)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
1, Nick, fbnss GMR x2
2, Steve, steverjuk GMR x2
3, Tom Burnet
4, Rob, RobfromYork
5, Stuart C Thomson
6, DandyLandy
8. Jonesysi
9, Sub-ac
10, Felix (2566)

Update time. I’ve placed an order for ten pairs of gullwing doors to be punched. The manufacturer I contacted, didn’t get back to me so I rang only to be told it wasn’t for them. :angry-screaming: So, back to the original maker, who did a perfectly good job last time. Material being ordered and they’re getting on with them with a 4 to 8 week delivery time depending on other parts arriving either before or after their shutdown. Then there’s powder coating and my time putting them together. Best guess is 10 weeks at the outside but I’ll try and better that.
Best
Rich

PS, can any that are on the list that haven’t contacted me please let me know so I know how many rubbers to order.

Thanks Rob. :thumbup:
1, Nick, fbnss GMR x2
2, Steve, steverjuk GMR x2
3, Tom Burnet
4, Rob, RobfromYork GMR x2
6, DandyLandy GR x2
8. Jonesysi G
10, Felix (2566) GMR x2

Last edited:
Well the rubbers have come in. :)
Seals are on order. :)
Hinges……hmmm, looking like 3 months lead time. :cry: Looking into other avenues bear with me! They have to come over from the US and experience has taught me that supply from across the pond is becoming difficult.
Doors SHOULD be being punched out this week so I’m awaiting a call.

Update time, again.
The good bits
Just spoken to the fabricators and the door parts have been punched out and are awaiting rolling into their curved shape and all the bits welding up.
Powder coaters have been notified of 40 parts coming their way.
Rubber seals ordered and delivered.
Hinges ordered.
Struts and studs ordered.
Other parts either ordered or in.
I have just enough Molle panels for everyone who wants them.
The final window rubber is ordered and on its way. These are looking very thin on the ground now.
The door tops have been CNC machined and are with the fabricators ready to be welded on.

The not so good bits…
No improvement on delivery time for hinges. I’ve basically wasted a week or more trying to get them delivered in a sensible time for sensible money, so have gone with the original suppliers.

Thanks Felix, it is progress but I’m kicking myself for not looking into ordering the hinges sooner. Thing is, they’ve quoted the BEST case scenario. It could well take longer. I’m going to need to think what I’m going to do with 20 doors and 20 frames as I really haven’t got the room to store them.
Time to ask a favour I think.

Hi is it too late to jump on the order of these? Look like a good job.
Karl

Hi Karl, not too late at all. I’ll send you a PM. :thumbup:

Hello, new member here. Is it too late to be added to the order for the 80 series gullwing?

Back