Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series speed sensor

tony whitehead

hi can anyone out there help i own a 1993 80 series VX Auto HDJ 80 T/D.
I recently purchased a JVC cd-radio + combined satnav unit it was a bit of a problem to fit but the end result looked good, on my first outing the music side worked ok but the sat nav showed about 100yds behind my vehicles position . when i installed this i did not connect the cable supplied with the unit to the speed sensor as i thought it was not important and it ment striping the dash to get at it. I have now removed the instrument panel and with both the haynes and the max ellery manuals am unable identify the speed sensor cable. There are three wires coming from the speed sender on the transmission they are red-grey yellow, and it looks like purple. there is no information on either manual electrical sections regarding speed sender wiring help would be greatly appreciated. tony whitehead. PS this is my first post.

You could have a look through this thread, there is mention of where to the speed pulse behind the glovebox. Look for Richard Jackaman's posts.

hi jon once again, i have been unable to find any referance to the person you mentioned on any of the L/C forums . I am debating about putting a test on each one of the connections coming from the speed sensor on the gear box to see what comes up regards Tony.

C'mon Tony, look harder... Jon even linked the right page :lol:

Click on the little blue word 'this' in Jon's post for the thread - here's the pics contained therein which were for my benefit previously :cool:

2011-04-01_1010562.jpg

2011-04-01_1010563.jpg

IG1-plug.jpg

Happy hunting for IG1 :ugeek:

I shall be in search of the very same wire myself in the not too distant future :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
no just a digital speed display and might as well get the analogue one accurate :)

Hmmm, must get mine installed at some point too... :oops:

many thanks guys it seems that my problem has been solved i will hopefully complete the installation tomorrow morning.and i will let you all know how i get on. i feel rather foolish at not piking up the link jon provided but as i stated earlier i am new to the world of forum. again many thanks, tony.

Hey Tony, good to hear you are getting sorted. Don't just disappear once you are, hang around, get involved & enjoy the craick :cool:

Back