Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

90 series headlights

Mick W

Country Flag
great_britain
Anyone know if these round headlight clusters are an aftermarket product or region specific 90 model?
1587565108652.png

Those look aftermarket but many 90's came with similar design ones. I see them more on SWB models.

1587566150627.png
1587566171196.png
1587566196874.png

Could someone with a big enough 3D printer print some of these? I would if I could.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Best wait for a Prado RX to arrive at the local breakers. Looks like won't be going anywhere soon... :mask::neutral:

I think but couldn't say for sure the RX was aimed at the Russian market , does Estonia or Latvia have ebay ?

I'm certain some JDM models had those headlamps too.. perhaps the TX. There's loads of grey imports here with them, and they're all pre 2000. Each to their own.. they look well on a black truck but I'm not a fan of the plastic shrouds on any other colour

the JDM type RZ had them. If anyone needs OEM part number, I have a set at the garage and can check on them.

just managed to track down a photo of my van a year ago... still at previous owner. Actually had the JDM headlights installed at that point. For some strange reason they were removed before being put up for sale.

1589358819064.png

If you bought the RX etc without knowing much about them i guess you would wonder why it doesn't have the more modern full glass headlights and perhaps opt to swap them .

Everyone likes to make things their own .

mine is indeed an RX (through chassis number) but those headlights as far as i know where from an RZ model. Still, being a JDM has its perks with LCs :) like twin battery setup, intercooler on top of engine + slightly more power

Hey Rob or anyone else. Hope I’m not hijacking the thread does look like an old one, but was wondering what the installation process was like for these mounts and what sort of bulbs you ended up fitting? I’m guessing I can’t take the bulbs straight out of the original assembly but I could be wrong.

Good day Every one. Hope all is well. I am here in south Africa. I have a 2000Model Prado SWB. I am looking for the round headlights and surrounds for my (0 Series SWB. Can anyone guy as to where to get it. Thank you.

Attachments

• DSC_0436.JPG
    DSC_0436.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 51
Hi Mr Robert Zammit. Here in South Africa, at our local Toyota dealers you need the actual VIN Number of the car before you can purchase anything from them. What i need is the VIN number of a 90 Series that came originally with the vehicle to Pass on to them.Or you buy it aftermarket. Which is what i am pursuing now. Would appreciate a website or something.

If you go up the page from here to post twelve you will see in orange coloured writing ToyoDiy press on that and you will get the part nos and price

Back