Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A bit of a leaving bash for Ben

Trevor

Country Flag
england
Well Chaps,

As most of you will know, Ben is leaving our shores for sunnier climbs in only a few weeks time ( lucky bar steward ), I think that it's only fitting that we have some form of leaving bash for the old boy and give him a good send off ( got to show these Aussies we know how to throw a bash too), Ben has given us much entertainment with his many posts and exploites during his tenure on this forum and anyone who has met him will agree that he is an all round good egg.

I'm looking for some ideas, locations and who may be available to enjoy a bit of a knees up over a weekend towards the back end of January 2013, I have briefly spoken to Ben via email and it comes as no surprise when I mentioned beer that he was quite interested in the idea.

So, who is up for this bash? Anyone got a view on where we might sensibly hold this so others can travel?

I throw this open for comments and ideas with a view of getting something off the ground and firmed up within the next couple of weeks or so.

Many thanks and looking forward to your input.

Trev

Don't really mind where it is as I will have to travel anyway, think this is the case for most of us. Put me on the list:obscene-drinkingbu:

Hi let me have the locations looks good tonytoyota thanks

Obvious innit... Tony, can we borrow a field please???

Working all weekend now to help my boss out, so only just got home. :icon-smile:

Thanks Trev, very thoughtful of you mate. :icon-biggrin:

Theirs something quite special and different about this club as opposed to some of the others I've been a member of. :think:

Theirs a real sense of community and everyone is very friendly and helpful. I've met so many great people through this club. :clap:

Would be great to see everyone and have a few beers before I leave. :dance:

If Tony could let us use/hire us one of his fields then that would be awesome! :pray:

Once I'm settled in OZ if anyone wants to come and stay then your always welcome. If anyone needs any help with shipping stuff like lockers/winches/bullbars, ect. even complete cruisers back to the UK then give me a shout, if I can help I will! :thumbup:

:dance:Hi guys,

Happy to help, but at the moment all the fields are a quagmire and full of horses! However, there is the field we have used before, on the right before the stables where some of the trials have been held, but driving will have to be steady as we need it as level as possible to hold dressage comps next year!

The other issue is I am away, in Oz, from 9th jan to 5th march, Becky is away from 23rd jan to 15th feb, and really one of us, Becky, needs to be here. Any time after then is fine, or how about the first weekend in jan, then I can say "bye" too!

Will sign into thread and follow.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Tony. :clap:

First weekend in January would be OK. :icon-wink:

Anyone else free that weekend?

I don't know if I could drag myself all the way to Tony's :shifty: :lol:

Right then, Sat 5th Jan at Lincomb it is then.

So far I think we have:-

Rob
TonyToyota
Gav
Jon
Me

Ben may have a couple of his mates popping along too.

Tony has very kindly waived camping fees but a contribution by each for loo usage would be appreciated......stands by for incoming toilet humour. The shower blocks have now been winterised so not available but I'm sure we'll all survive for a night.

Does anyone have a firepit they could bring along? This is so we don't knacker up the field surface. Tony is able to provide firewood if required and if so there is a cost as he will need to take time out to physically chop and prepare some so we would need a whip round to cover that.

Ben has a few 4x4 DVD's and has suggested if anyone has a laptop/projector to bring it along if possible.

This will be the last chance to give Ben a send off, share some beers around the fire and have a good natter.

Trev

Last edited:
Happy to contribute funds. I haven't got a fire pit but fire seems pretty essential even if it isn't cold :think: You slumming it in your mobile bungalow Trev?

If Tony permits Jon, just love the bungalow.....in a cold January.

Ill be there.

Got to have one night of taking the pxxs out of the youngen :icon-biggrin:

Happy to chip in.

What the plan on time getting there?

Hi guys,

I can take my fire pit over, caravans will be fine, just gotta get them across the field!

Happy Christmas ,

Cheers,

I'd love to join - unfortunately I've committed to an SA cruiser club outing to Lesotho that weekend. And it's summer here.
In all seriousness - have a good one, guys! And all the best to Ben with the big move South!

Back